Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: Vodafone

9220 new model - keppad not working

Dear All,

I had a very bad experience with this world class product.  On 7th of may i have purchased a  newley launched 9220 curve and on 11th may it started givinig a problem of  kepad not working. when someone calls, i cant receive a call even cant do silent or cut the call. and for that company has replaced the phone with new one after running for 4 days behind service centre people.    So i got a new phone on 15th may.    

Again on 28th may, same problem is started in new phone.  and since 28th may i am running for DOA.

Can anyone send me any contact no. for Blackberry officials or email id of India. ??

Such a worst service of  RIM.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: 9220 new model - keppad not working

Hello,

First off, you have no contract for anything directly from RIM. All of your contracts, services, and support come from your local carrier, authorized reseller, or authorized service center to which one of them would have referred you to.

Second, these forums are completely user-to-user, they are not a channel for any formal support from RIM.

Third, the "worst service" I suspect you have received has not been from RIM, but rather your local carrier, authorized reseller, or service center.

Lastly, formal escalation channels for issues go through the formal escalation pathway. And that starts with the local carrier, authorized reseller, or authorized service center. They each have the power to escalate cases into RIM that they cannot resolve. There is no free path by which end users can bypass those formal channels, as they are all contractually in place for all parties (including the end user).

All of that said, you can find plenty of posts in these forums concerning poor service from various places, including in your country. In all such cases, if you wish to bypass your formal contract for escalation, then you must pay for Incident Support. Alternatively, you can refer to the RIM.COM about-us and/or contact-us pages for possible channels of communication.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9220
My Carrier: tata docomo

hello im using a curve 9220 model and my end call button isnt working i cant end calls or go to home if i press it but if i keep holding it down it asks to turn off or full power off .....can u help me out wit that

Hall of Famer II

soniamagic90 wrote:

hello im using a curve 9220 model and my end call button isnt working i cant end calls or go to home if i press it but if i keep holding it down it asks to turn off or full power off .....can u help me out wit that

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Best!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9220
My Carrier: tata docomo

i tried that 3TIMES BUT IN VAIN ....the problem stil persists Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Dear sdgardne

Mr Patel has stated correctly since he is not satisfied with BB.

I also own a BlackBerry Curve which I had bought online in April 2011.But after 4 months of use the keypad gave up. To add to my woes, the people at BlackBerry Help Centre said that the handset did not meet warranty criteria and irrepairable too. which is so not expected of a smartphone brand which caters to an elite market.

What is meant by IRREPAIRABLE. Does this mean that i have lost my 10000 bucks just like that.

I want my handset to be repaired, else I will have no option but to sue BB in court.

An official reply is awaited.

Hall of Famer II

soniamagic90 wrote:

i tried that 3TIMES BUT IN VAIN ....the problem stil persists Smiley Sad

OK...well, then the next thing I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Hall of Famer II

mohit_6560 wrote:

Dear sdgardne

Mr Patel has stated correctly since he is not satisfied with BB.

I also own a BlackBerry Curve which I had bought online in April 2011.But after 4 months of use the keypad gave up. To add to my woes, the people at BlackBerry Help Centre said that the handset did not meet warranty criteria and irrepairable too. which is so not expected of a smartphone brand which caters to an elite market.

What is meant by IRREPAIRABLE. Does this mean that i have lost my 10000 bucks just like that.

I want my handset to be repaired, else I will have no option but to sue BB in court.

An official reply is awaited.

Hello,

Please re-read what I wrote in message 2 above...especially perhaps this quote:

sdgardne wrote:

Second, these forums are completely user-to-user, they are not a channel for any formal support from RIM.

Since I don't work for RIM, there is nothing "official" I, nor any of the other volunteers here, can provide to you.

As a user-to-user community, no one here can answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. RIM provides zero front line support to end users, including warranty...all support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into RIM at no charge to the end user.

So, your escalation path is not here, in these forums. Rather, it is through your existing channels...you have no free path by which to bypass them.

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

There also might be some good reading here:

While rare, I have heard of folks going to their local consumer protection agencies and/or local courts to seek resolution of their situation. Indeed, often the mere threat of doing so has gotten the necessary attention. But, if you choose to pursue that, then recall this as well:

sdgardne wrote:

First off, you have no contract for anything directly from RIM. All of your contracts, services, and support come from your local carrier, authorized reseller, or authorized service center to which one of them would have referred you to.

So would caution you to be certain toward what entity you direct your actions...for it must be those entities who are parties to your contract. You cannot arbitrarily add some entity to a contract to which they have no standing. But I honestly do wish you Good Luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: 9220 new model - keypad not working

Good Morning Friends,

In continuation of my starting topic. It was not resolved yet and all of sudden, Last night another major issue happened.

My phone got heated and display became white and network tower gone.  I have to remove battery from the device.  Infact intially i had switched off the device still it was getting heated.

Today morning i visited the service centre and they simply answered that display is damaged.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I am surprised,.........

The worst thing is they told that  they will send the headset to bangalore and it took 20 odd days to revert.

Why people are using blackberry and who are using blackberry ???  

Those people who are totally professionals and 80 % of their job communications are through  mails.........  so people like us whose 80 % job are in mail....... for 20 days what we have to do?????????????

I think users has to keep 2 blackberry phones always for keep their communication continue....

Hopeless services....

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9220
My Carrier: Globe

i had the same problem with my one month old blackberry. Have u fixed it already?