Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9220
My Carrier: Globe

Re: 9220 new model - keppad not working

i have the same problem with my one month old BB phone. Were you able to fixed it?
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: Vodafone

They are not bothered about this any more.....

I have started posting this concerns on all the facebook groups and communities where group members population is more then lacs......

My Device: 9220
My Carrier: GLOBE PH

Same issue here, just got my replacement today for same issue, but sad to say after i loaded some APP via appworld keypad (end key) is not working again, this is already my 2nd replacement! pls HELP!

Contributor
My Device: 9530
My Carrier: Vodacom

[ Edited ]

Hi, I am not saying that it is not possible for your phone to be faulty but it is my experiance that when people find buttons not working on their phone they tend to try to press them hard, sometimes even very hard. This causes damage to the dome membrane underneath the keypad. Once these domes are damaged and even if it is only one. It will cause problems like this and not only with one key, sometimes it affects the convience keys and trackpad too. This is fixable but if the phone is still under warranty then I would take it back and claim warranty on it.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9220
My Carrier: Globe

Hi, i had my phone stay on safe mode for 2 days. Deleted all the applications and when i return to normal mode..may end call is now working. thanks for the reply anyway. God Bless :-)

Contributor
My Device: 9530
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: 9220 new model - keypad not working

[ Edited ]

Try this :

On your blackberry type "..." (three dots)

if you cannot do this be holding shift and pressing the dot three times and you can only produce 3 dots by going "shift dot shift dot shift dot" then your keypad membrane is damaged. If not it might still be damaged but judging by your safe mode problem...

Do a complete device backup of everything on your phone using device manager then ;

See this for doing a factory reset on the device  : http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB18998&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

And if that does not work, completely wipe the device using something like blackberry swiss army knife then install the newest ORIGINAL device software available. I suspect you may have been toying with Hybrid OS or Beta Release (leaked) software?