Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Toetone
My Carrier: Digicel

9300 bought off eBay

[ Edited ]

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,748
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 9300 bought off eBay

[ Edited ]

Toetone wrote:

I purchased a new blackberry curve 9300 on July 4 2012 from ready2call on ebay.com. I have been using the phone here in the caribbean since I received it, however now i can't access the internet, bbm or emails.  I contacted my service provider and I was informed that rim has blocked the phone because it was stolen.  I purchased the phone from online and don't know anything about it being stolen.  The phone looked new and it came in the box with everything.  I don't know if the wrong phone was blocked but im @ a loss now for something I was not aware of.  Please contact the seller through ebay and i would appreciate it if i get hooked back up. The pin # 26C64AE0.  I am very concerned and distressed and would appreciate a reply.  Regards,  Latonia ToussaintCarellie, Castries St. Lucia            

Perhaps the previous own reported it stolen. Such reports and "blacklists" are maintained by the carrier (mobile provider) and not by RIM.

As for buying on eBay, its caveat emptor... be careful, buyer beware. I have purchased through eBay, and had no problems...

You will need to contact the seller for a refund of your money.

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.