Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
AmylNitrate
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: o2

9300 curve lock fault ? or feature ?

Hi, I noticed something last nite on my Curve 9300 that When I put it into Lock Mode I can still Turn the Device (off) by the right hand side red off key without having to 1st press the (Mute key) ! Can any of you do this or is this a fault on my unit ? I also notice that I can Lock the keyboard with just the topside (Mute key) rather than the designated Lock key (A) ?? ...Its not really a problem to me but I wondered if it was normal with the model BB I have...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
philtrees
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: orange

Re: 9300 curve lock fault ? or feature ?

AmylNitrate wrote:
Hi, I noticed something last nite on my Curve 9300 that When I put it into Lock Mode I can still Turn the Device (off) by the right hand side red off key without having to 1st press the (Mute key) ! Can any of you do this or is this a fault on my unit ? I also notice that I can Lock the keyboard with just the topside (Mute key) rather than the designated Lock key (A) ?? ..Its not really a problem to me but I wondered if it was normal with the model BB I have...

Hi just checked mine and its the same.  So I am going for feature

Please use plain text.
Contributor
AmylNitrate
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: o2

Re: 9300 curve lock fault ? or feature ?

Hi ,Many thanks for that reply I thought I may have some kind of phone fault but after your checking I think we can safely say its a feature!
Please use plain text.