Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
markmarkmark
My Device: 8520

9300 reboots on a loop

Have a BB curve 9300 3g, software ver 6. on a payg contract with Tesco

worked fine until this morning when I noticed it was rebooting (the same as a battery pull) constantly. It would boot, update security and reboot again. Finally managed to switch off wifi and mobile network to see if this made a difference and the rebooting stopped.

ive since switched on wifi, and this is fine, but as soon as the mobile network is turned on it will try to obtain a signal and within 2 or 3 seconds will start rebooting again

ive tried it with different battery, different sim, with and without microsd card,bdeleting all apps, upgrading software to latest version etc etc but nothing works.

anyone had a smilar issue or can suggest what to do?.......as right now I have a mobile phone which is of no use as it cannot receive a mobile signal.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Knoble7264
My Device: Blackberry curve 9300

Re: 9300 reboots on a loop

Same here. Tried all you said and also took the phone into the O2 shop as I really depend on it. It worked in the O2 shop but started rebooting as soon as I got home. Signal being weak is the only thingies could come up with as I know friends on O2 were having problems yesterday morning with getting a signal. We are quite rural in parts of Perthshire. Does that fit with here you are? The nice little logon sound has been playing gently in my room all night.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
markmarkmark

Well that is bizzare. Im in rural Perthshire too!

strange thing is i swapped my sim card into an old blackberry and theres no problem With the ld phone.

phoned tesco to check if theres a problem wih the network but they said there wasnt.....do tesco and o2 share the same masts/signal?

Someone more technically minded might have a better idea, but its certainly strange that 2people in the same part of the uk are having identical problems on the same phone, wih the same mast or signal

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JMA09
My Device: Blackberry 9320

I'm having the same problem in a rural part of Perthshire with my 9320. This has just happened in the last day or two. Keeps rebooting over and over decimating the battery life. But when I drove down to Edinburgh yesterday the problem stopped. Could have something to do with the signal as suggested. I checked signal strength for post code & seemed OK - any suggestions other than to change to Orange or T-Mobile?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
markmarkmark

Strange thing is the signal strength on mine is fine, same as it's always been.

When I put my sim card into my spare BB ( a 8520) it works fine....no rebooting at all.

I presume it must be somethign to do with a software upgrade or similar thats causing the rebooting....tho I didnt upgrade anything, just happened during the night. Even with the sim card out it still reboots when trying to get SOS signal, and if I try to change any of the mobile network settings from auto to manual if freezes

Whats strange tho is that this is only happening with certain phones, and in parts of Perthshire. Im between Dunkeld and Blairgowrie.....wheres everyone else based?  Would be handy to know if its just effecting one certain area/signal

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Knoble7264

I'm in Coupar Angus.  I've been in Dundee today and it was working fine away from the house.  Just like it worked in Perth yesterday. As soon as I get home - back to rebooting.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Knoble7264

I put my sim into another phone and it worked fine. Wonder if it could be an upgrade to blackberry software that has gone wrong.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Knoble7264

Just out of curiousity, Does anyone else usually have a media card error that they just live with - like me.

Please use plain text.
lesleyCT
My Device: Curve. 9300

Live in Kirriemuir Angus and 9300 keeps saying updating data then shutting down. Works in Dundee . Been like this since yesterday. Nightmare. Freezes constantly but this is the worst. I totally rely on my phone for work :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Knoble7264

This is getting silly. Heard via Facebook of another three in the Coupar Angus and Blairgowrie area.

Please use plain text.