Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Kedunie
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: YCA

Re: 9300 reboots on a loop

Had that issue too. Restart without the sim and adjust your network settings. Then, you can insert the sim back and restart again.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Dt1012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: O2

I've had same issues, local O2 store (Lancaster) said it was blackberry problem, advice was jus to keep on trying - been without phone now for over 24 hours
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Knoble7264
My Device: Blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: O 2

I managed to change my phone to 2G from 3G under options/signal and it is now(touch wood) working fine.  Rumour has it that it will be about a week after work on signals before it will work fully. All to do with signal strength.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Knoble7264

All very well but it only seem to be affecting 3G blackberry and o2 combination. Would it not have made sense for 'someone' to put on a header screen that this was a known issue. Blackberry have to take some responsibility for customer service if there is a direct connection to their phones.
Please use plain text.
Drustew
My Device: Torch

Coupar Angus Perthshire Calling.

I had the same problem over the weekend and yesterday. I can confirm that the changing to 2G settings has resolved the problem for myself aswell.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Knoble7264

That's great to hear Drustew.  Fantastic that we were all able to work together and identify the problem and resolve it.

I still say that it would have been better/easier for Blackberry to take some responsibility for the problem and put a 'known issues and work around' post on their page. We still don't know when the issue is going to be resolved apart from word of mouth in the focus page.

Guess who came home grumpy from work today????

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JMA09
My Device: Blackberry 9320

I also agree that Blackberry or O2 should have put up something on their website warning users that 3G coverage may be affected in certain areas due to a low O2 signal to give people time to switch. In their defence, perhaps this was not possible!! However I had to travel 17 miles into Dundee from near Blairgowrie to get a 3G signal so I could change the settings. Seems extreme but even with the SIM card removed the phone kept rebooting itself! Nevertheless all seems well now and due to everyone sharing information, we seem to have we solved the immediate problem. Hopefully someone can alert us all when 3G coverage is restored - Blackberry & O2 take note!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mud19
My Device: Curve 9300

I have also had this problem with my 9300 and the solution to this is to change my setting to 3G?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Hamza95
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: vodafone

my blackberry reboots when idle only and hang up sometimes during use. help me :/

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JMA09
My Device: Blackberry 9320

Try changing setting to 2G if you are on 3G. I had problems with my phone rebooting and this solved things. It might be the answer to solving your problem.

Please use plain text.