Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
stevenb_50
My Device: Curve 9300
Accepted Solution

9300 trackball not working

does anyone have any quick fixes?  Thanks

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: 9300 trackball not working

Hi stevenb_50

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

You need a Quick Fix ? Then try this :

KB29640 : Trackpad ,trackball, or keyboard not working on a BlackBerry Smartphone

Good luck :smileyhappy:

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
stevenb_50

but if the trackpas isn't working, how do I do the self test thing etc?  Is there someway I can navigate using only the keyboard?  thanks

Elite II
prince2012

Hi stevenb_50

Well as you asked for a quick fix so I suggested that :smileyhappy: you are looking at the resolution # 4 , have you tried others .

Inaddition there may be many reason if your trackpad is not working, Always the first advice is a battery pull restart , have you tried that ? Please try it by removing the battery while your device is Powered On .

Also have you installed any application before this issue arise , sometime a bad app can also create such problem , removing  that particular application may fix the issue. 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
stevenb_50

have tried taking battery out etc, haven't downloaded any apps.  The track pad stops working at least once a day but today it won't come back on.  Very frustrating!

Elite II
prince2012

Hi stevenb_50

You can try a Clean OS reload to see if that help but first do a backup of your device using BlackBerry Desktop Software then refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows.

If above method fails , then you have to contact your Carrier or Service Provider and replacing the Trackpad might solve the issue.

New Contributor
sean321
My Device: blackberry curve 9320

quick fixes I had with my old 9300 was to take sim, battery, memory card out and keep clicking the trackpad fast about 20 times then hold it (kinda hard) for about 30 seconds... insert battery without sim etc.. and if it works play around with it for 5 mins.. hold alt lglg and clear log.. if this don't work try puttin thin carboard iver the sim slot.... should work
Elite II
prince2012

sean321 wrote:
.. hold alt lglg and clear log.. if this don't work try puttin thin carboard iver the sim slot.... should work

Hi sean321 and welcome to Support Forums

Thanks for sharing your Quick fixs for  Trackpad issue :smileyhappy:

But clearing those event log files and putting a Cardboard the Sim Slot is not going to fix any Trackpad issue :smileywink:

New Contributor
sean321
My Device: blackberry curve 9320

yup it will
Misskamwwendo95
My Device: 9300

Hi my trackpad won't work meaning I can't access anything and I can't click on anything. This is utterly frustrating. I live in Australia but got the phone from the U.K and started using it in Malawi, so I'm confused who is my service provider there??