Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9320

9320 2G problem

Hi

I updated my OS to 7.1 bundle 2039

I can't seem to go back to previous bundles.

I had 3 options on my old system 2G, 2G&3G and 3G.  I always set it to 2G and the battery lasted for 3 days.  after the update I lost the 2G only  option. Now when set on 2G&3G the battery only last 1.25 days.  Can any ody help me Please. 

Regards

Willem

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: 9320 2G problem

[ Edited ]

plastics wrote : 

I updated my OS to 7.1 bundle 2039

I can't seem to go back to previous bundles.

I had 3 options on my old system 2G, 2G&3G and 3G.  I always set it to 2G and the battery lasted for 3 days.  after the update I lost the 2G only  option. Now when set on 2G&3G the battery only last 1.25 days.  Can any ody help me Please. 

Hi plastics

Please no need to post the same question again and again , You post has been already answered  Edge on Curve 9320 .So have you followed those Suggestions ?

Prince

________________________________________________________________________________

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I reinstalled all the software but it does not want to downgrade. I took the phone to to my service provider and they can't help me so I posted it again with the hope that somebody new might be of help
Elite II

Hi plastics

So have you tried 0S 7.0 for your device ? Have you try it yourself ? What problem did you face while downgrading .Let us know.

Prince

New Contributor

where can I download 7.0

Elite II

Hi plastics

I don't know ! and are you sure you are having OS 7.0 before this upgrade . As far as I know when RIM lunched  Curve 9320 its preinstalled with OS 7.1  BlackBerry Curve 9320  . Also  the option you are talking will not consume that much of your Battery resources,Rather you should make sure that you are closing all applications correctly when not using them .Look at this Article on how to increase Battery life and free space on our BlackBerry Devices :

KB14320  : How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone

But If you think it not the solution ,and you want to proceed with downgrading OS bundle then you had to remember the OS bundle you are using before this upgrade and search it from those Carrier list.: Try it this way :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here and Install it in your PC or Laptop Carriers

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

•     Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.   

3.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) :

•     C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  •     C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

4. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup from BlackBerry desktop

Software.

Prince