Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320

9320 Mobile hotspot

Hi I Have a Blackberry Curve 9320 from vodafone and when I try to turn on the Mobile hotspot it says "Activation Required" how do I sort this

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: 9320 Mobile hotspot

Hello,

That feature is dependent both on your BB model and OS level (which, from what you say, is probably fine) but also on mobile service provider support. Some allow it, some do not, some charge extra for it, some do not. So, I recommend you ring up Vodafone and ask them about this specific feature.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

ok im just doing an update on the phone so if this does not work i will try that thank you for your help

Hall of Famer II

Good luck...though the "Activation Required" message you received is pretty indicative...you are attempting to use a service for which your account, from Vodafone, is not activated...

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

so what i have to do is set up a vodafone account on the internet 

Hall of Famer II

I have no idea what Vodafone requires. I have no idea if Vodafone even allows the HotSpot feature. You must ask them...they are your service provider, no one else.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

yeah they are my service previder as it says Vodafone UK on the phone 

Hall of Famer II

"on the phone"...hmmm...sorry, but clarity is something I always seek. Is this physically printed on the case of the BB? Or is it part of the initial boot-up "splash screen". If so, then neither is really any indicator of who your service provider is...it is completely possible to have a device with one or both of those, yet operating it on a different provider.

Rather, the best way to know who your service provider is comes from your financial transactions -- whoever you pay every month for your mobile service, that's who your service provider is.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

its on the phone screen when i start it up oh an i am on pay as you go and not contract 

Hall of Famer II

kennethgraham wrote:

its on the phone screen when i start it up

OK...then from the perspective of who your service provider is, that's not relevant. (FYI -- that is the "splash screen" that I mentioned before.)

kennethgraham wrote:

oh an i am on pay as you go and not contract 

With hundreds of different service providers in the world, each with dozens of different data plans, it's not possible for anyone but them to tell you what your specific subscription should and should not include. Typically, PayGo plans include much less than full BB data plans, so I'd not expect much if I were you. But, again, only the service provider can tell you anything for sure in this regard. You need to ring them up and ask them.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates