Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: 3
Accepted Solution

9320 Text messages not being received

Recently (For the last month or so) my blackberry curve 9320 has not been receiving texts, I didn't think much of it as I use my BBM more than I text so I just thought people weren't contacting me, but then I asked someone to text me, I saw that they sent it and it had delivered but my phone never notified me of the message being received, I went into the text messages folder and nothing was to be found of the text I'd just been sent, I can send text easily and they're successfully delivered to others but I just can't receive texts, I even texted myself (Sad I know) but the phone said they'd delivered but I never received them, I've tried battery pulling, taking my sim card out for a while (About 30 minutes) and then rebooting my phone, nothing... This is weird as I've never had this issue before.

I contacted my service provider and this has baffled them also as they could not help and did not know what the issue was, has anybody here ever had this issue?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: 9320 Text messages not being received

Hey Curt7946,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

You may have the Firewall enabled on the BlackBerry smartphone, click the Options icon> Click Security > Firewall> is Text Messages selected?

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: 3

Re: 9320 Text messages not being received

It was selected, not quite sure why maybe I clicked it whilst having a look at some settings, thanks a lot :smileyvery-happy: