Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

gypsygal
My Device: 9320 curve

9320 curve , overheating

My brand new curve gets really hot. I just bought it , 2 days ago. Is the phone faulty or is this a common problem? What do I do.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: 9320 curve , overheating

Hi gypsgal

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Some time our BlackBerry devices may feel warm say a long browsing session , playing games ,countinous download or while charging.Please press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) look if any other apps. are running.

Always try to Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application.Don't leave your Browser open when not in use.If programs run in the background it will also lead to overheating and also quick battery drainage.Please have a look at those Article I am sure it will help you a lot in overcoming your problems :

KB14320  : How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.

KB31531 :  BlackBerry 7 smartphone may feel warm during use

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.