Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Ilumsden
My Device: 9320 curve
My Carrier: Vodacom

9320 curve overheats and short battery life

Just got a 9320 3g and it sucks the battery life is pathetic and it continually heats up even when not in use. I have searched everywhere and there seems to be no solution, also there are 100's of users reporting the same issues but blackberry seems to dodge the subject and offer  pre designed answers WHICH DO NOT HELP. Surely you can admit if there is a manufacturing issue and offer a proper solution instead of dodging the issue. Deeply dissapointed with this phone, and yes its on the latest os all apps are closed etc etc etc. stop tellling us this resolves the issue AND OWN UP TO THIS **bleep** YOU PRODUCED.  Looking forward to a resolution else its off to every website i can find to log complaints and the istore

Please use plain text.
Developer
Wiki_Berry
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: 9320 curve overheats and short battery life

I dont have this issue.
Try doing the below steps
1. Turn Off 3G
2. Turn Off Bluetooth
3. Close any unused Applications
4. Turn Off Mobile Hotspot - If It's Running
5. Turn Off Wi-Fi
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ilumsden

Thanks for your help but whats the use of the phone with all that turned off??? and they are turned off problem still exists for example I left home at 09h00 this morning it is now 11h18 my 3g is off wireless is off only BBM and whats app are on, i recieved one call made one received one WA message and less than 10 bbms, phone is still brand new, battery is already at 60% after 2 hours 18minutes from a full charge. by 14h00 I will be rechqarging it and the phone is still hot, I have to get do a battery pull for it to cool down. as i saids This phone sux, come on Blackberry give us an answer as to why.

ps just google 9380 heating problems and see the amount of complaints / issue there are with this model.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Wiki_Berry
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Hello, maybe you have some problems. And you are not using a 9380 but a 9320 isn't it, both are totally different devices.
Oh, and it doesn't "sux" I have a 9320 as well, been using it for 4 months or something at its top notch, no problems. If anything is draining your battery it is problaby Whatsapp, or you can just buy a new battery for like 8 bucks off ebay?
Hope this helps
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi llumsden

Sorry to hear that you are having problem with your device Battery ! But Battery life depends on the user the way he use it .Please press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) look if any other apps. are running.

Always try to Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application.

Don't leave your Browser open when not in use.If programs run in the background it will also lead to overheating and also quick battery drainage.Please have a look at this  Article I am sure it will help.

Power Saving Tips for your BlackBerry Smartphone

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ilumsden

the google 9380 was a typo I meant to say 9320

WA makes no difference I have tried the phone with it uninstalled same iisue persists nand the battery is brand new so why should i buy i new one.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Ilumsden wrote:

the google 9380 was a typo I meant to say 9320

WA makes no difference I have tried the phone with it uninstalled same iisue persists nand the battery is brand new so why should i buy i new one.

Hi Ilumsden

You have not replied to my post :smileywink: There are millions of BlackBerry Users and only they know how they handle or use there device.

Right now I don't think you need a new Battery as your device is new as you mentioned ,So just follow those tips and see if that helps .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ilumsden

Hi Thanks for your help, but trust me I do this, I have no applications running and the phone last less than 6 hours and stays extremely hot,. this problem is being reported everywhere yet the answers are all the same close the apps, that is not the issue, this phone is faulty.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Ilumsden wrote:

Hi Thanks for your help, but trust me I do this, I have no applications running and the phone last less than 6 hours and stays extremely hot,. this problem is being reported everywhere yet the answers are all the same close the apps, that is not the issue, this phone is faulty.

Hi llumsden

How frequently your device heats up ?  Some time our BlackBerry devices may feel warm say a long browsing session , playing games ,countinous download or while charging.

What is your device present OS version : Options > Device > About Device Version > first set of numbers on the third line .You can check your CARRIER site here Carriers if any newer OS Bundle  is available for your device.If it is then update to a higher version and see if that helps.

But if you think that your device is getting hot frequently then you can always contact your Carrier to check if it is an hardware issue.

Additional Information : KB31531 : BlackBerry 7 smartphone may feel warm during use.

So go through it and let us know of your progress.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ilumsden

Hi Prince,

if you read my first post you will see I have done all of this, the phone gets hot without being in use and its random, my point I am trying to get across here is that 100's of people are reporting the same issue with the same model but still the answers stay the same and they do not work, I am a competent 40 year old in the IT industry and run a full division for a software company in South Africa. SO I promise you I have done all, that you have asked before you asked, I researched as many things as possible (like 100's of others have) but still no proper solution. closing apps upgrading etc is not fixing this phone and if so many people are reporting the same issue it must be faulty. Thank you for all your help but what little faith I have in BB is gone and I am off to the iStore.

Please use plain text.