01-24-2013 04:58 PM
Hi, I need to change a password for my gmail and AOL email accounts. I go to set up, and when I click on Email accounts, nothing happens. A very small black square flashes in the center of the screen but nothing happens. I checked and my software is up to date. I took the battery out to reboot. Nothing changed. When I click on Email Accounts in set up, nothing happens other than the quick flash of the small black square in the center of the set up screen. So I am no longer getting email on my phone until I can get into the email accounts and update my passwords.
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-24-2013 05:40 PM
Please try this FIRST, using your BlackBerry browser...
• Go to mobile.blackberry.com OR to www.blackberry.com/integrate
• Scroll down to Communication and then to Email.
• Choose the appropriate email set up options.
If that works and completes your email setup/editing, good.
If not, follow these additional instructions:
2) Register HRT: (OS5) Home Screen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Scroll to any line entry and > press the Menu key > and then click Register Now. If you have an OS 6 or OS 7 device, Look at Options > Device > Advanced > Host Routing Table, etc.
3) Resend Service Books: Article ID: KB02830 How to send the service books for a BlackBerry Internet Service account. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830
4) Then, with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.
5) Now, return to the 1) mobile.blackberry.com email setup as mentioned above and follow that.
Hopefully that will get things going again for you!
01-25-2013 08:24 AM
donaldkbrink, You are very welcome.