Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
chrisbyrnes
My Device: 9330
Accepted Solution

9330 "SMS error 0, General problems". Can no longer send text messages

My cdma 9330 Blackberry has been working great for the past 7 months.  As of Friday November 22nd, I can no longer send text messages.  I can receive texts, but anytime I try to send a text I get the following error message "SMS error 0, Message ID XX) General problems".

I was using my phone as usual, sent successful texts in the morning, but in the evening I was unable to send a text successfully to anyone.

I have contacted my carrier and they have not received any of the errored messages onto the network and there are no outages in my area (I have tried to send from other areas of the city also).  I have pulled the battery to reset, wiped the data from the phone, reset all connections ... all to no avail.  The issue seems to reside with the blackberry.

I would appreciate any help or advice that anyone can give me.

Thanks

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: 9330 "SMS error 0, General problems". Can no longer send text messages

That is usually a network issue if you didn't change any settings or update any software on the device. I would contact your carrier again and get them to escalate your case through their support channels.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
chrisbyrnes
My Device: 9330

Thanks for the help.  Problem disappeared this morning just as I was making the support call to my carrier.  Problem was with the carrier for sure.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Glad to hear!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!