Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

ghurka307
My Device: Curve 9360

9360 Device Driver Problems

We recently bought a Curve 9360, but I can't get the device driver to load.  I've loaded the Blackberry Desktop fine, but as soon as we connect the phone to the computer we get a message that states the device driver cannot load.  Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: 9360 Device Driver Problems

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Did you download and install the 9360 device software

as well? Here are some kinks to help you try and resolve the problem.

Thanks,
Bifocals
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
crli

Hi.  You previous post directly relates to the problem I am having with my 9360 but the link appears to be broken.  How can I check the resolution?  Here is the KB I need:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

Looks like KB19194 isn't valid. Try the link below for multiple solutions.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB00125 Identifying and troubleshooting issues with the BlackBerry Desktop Software detecting a USB connected BlackBerry smartphone

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
crli

Thanks very much!  Yes, I have already looked at that link & gone through each of the steps.  My Desktop manager recognizes the 9360 & the sync functions work.  After a period of "Connecting" it goes back to "Sync all" but not "Connected" status, like it used to do.  I like linking my Desktop Manager to my Outlook so that while I'm at the office, duplicate emails don't get sent to the Blackberry as well & I have to do a bunch of Blackberry clean up.  Without being in "Connected" status, the emails still get forwarded.  I have gone through the steps in the above link.  The only thing I do not see is that in my Device Manager, it only shows the RIM Virtual Serial Port, rather than my 9360 phone.  Is there somewhere else I can get the driver for this device?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

Do you have a copy of your device OS loaded in desktop software?

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB03295 How to verify which version of BlackBerry smartphone software is installed on the computer using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
crli

Great! That was very helpful.  I didn't even notice that icon at the top right corner until you pointed it out.  It says "There is no Blackberry Device Software installed on your computer"  I tried to download the BB USB 7.0 drivers off the BB website, installed them & restarted my computer.  However, it still says the same thing & my device still is not "connected" to the Desktop Manager.  What else can I try?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
crli

OK. I found the 9360 Device OS software as well.  Downloaded & installed that.  Now my Desktop Manager does say that the 9360 software is installed BUT it still is not "Connected". 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

What version of Desktop Manager do you have installed? If you have 7.xx I'd suggest you select the option to "forget the 9360 and reset it. You're probably not receiving the emails on your Blackberry when the PC is open because you haven't set the option to leave a copy of the message on your mail host server.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB12283 How to leave or remove copies of email messages on the messaging serve

Please use plain text.