Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
garrison
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Cable & Wireless

9360 won't instal system update

Hi everyone
When visiting shop again for resolving youtube issues, one of the staff checked for system updates and found new bundle (7.1). I have downlaoded it at home and it wants to be installed. Everytime I am trying to install it, there is the same scenario. Poping window "veryfing update". It is there for about 5 - 10 minutes and then phone just reboots itself without any reason. Update still not installed. I have enough...
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: 9360 won't instal system update

Hi garrison

If you want to update your device OS and having problem in doing so then first Uninstall any OS pack from your PC , Restart it . 

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

• Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device. 

4. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Follow the Onscreen direction , it will update your device OS .After Update you can restore your backup using Desktop Software.

Let us know if you feel any issue.Only think you have to note is , if you download an OS pack from any other Carrier then you have to delete a few VENDOR .XML files , but currently most carrier have released OS7.1 for your device model , so download the OS from your carrier itself .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
garrison

Thank you.

I will try to do it at home on some easy night to make sure I am doing everything right. :-)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
garrison

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately the OS version to dowload from the website is the same old version which currently isntalled on my BB. It is still 7.0 for some reason.

And the update that I got the dowload on my BB is 7.1 :Eek:

But it will not instal at all... Can I get this download from BB to PC and then try?

Or maybe I could just connect BB to PC and then choose "update my device" from the desktop software?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

garrison wrote:

Unfortunately the OS version to dowload from the website is the same old version which currently isntalled on my BB. It is still 7.0 for some reason.

And the update that I got the dowload on my BB is 7.1 :Eek:

But it will not instal at all... Can I get this download from BB to PC and then try?

Hello garrison

Who is your Carrier ?  Cable & Wireless Channel Island , Cable & Wireless, UK ,Cable & Wireless Ltd or Cable & Wireless Panama . I found that only Cable & Wireless Panama have released OS 7.1 for your device model. 

So you try the OS pack from the one who is offering 7.1 or you are free to download and Install any Carrier OS pack.To do that first Uninstall any OS packages that you have install on your PC . As I am unaware of your Carrier , you have to delete a few VENDOR . XML files to install that OS . The Methods are same as above but before performing Step # 4 you have to delete those VENDOR files , For your convienence I am repeating those steps , So follow those steps in a sequence :

1 . Uninstall any OS packages from your PC .

2.Locate and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

3. Now Double the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

4. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

• Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.

5.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two Vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

6. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop

Software.

let us know if you feel any problem.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
garrison

I am choosing Cable & Wireless Channel Island, from the list as I am with Sure carrier which is really Cable & Wireless on the Isle of Man.  Here is the carrier website: http://www.surecw.com/.  Sure is only a brand name.

The bundle I got dowloaded on my BB (without plugging into PC) is 7.1. For me it is also a mystery...

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello garrison

Its alright , So download the OS pack from  Cable & Wireless Panama to you PC , Because as you can also see that Cable & Wireless Channel Island  have not released 7.1 yet . Please try it again , just delete those Vendor files , and update will be smooth .

let us know if you feel any issue :smileyhappy:

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
garrison

Unfortunately still no joy. I have donwloaded 7.1 os from the mentioned BB website. When I go to app loaedr and then to app loader wizzard it won't go any further than choose and application to be installed or removed but it is not showing dowloaded OS and not even giving me an option to browse.

I have tried also through the BB desktop software and choosing "update my device" it is finding 7.1 OS surprisingly and doing things until comes to reboot ROM. Then is seams to loose connection with a phone. It asked me to change uSB setting to allow computer to switch off device which I have done but it did not help. Windows says that device malfunctioned. Desktop software says: Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Restart the loading process, reconnect your device and try again.
Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]

I have done it few times already....

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello garrison 

Have you deleted those Vendor .XML files from those location as adviced ! You have to delete those otherwise it will not allow you to update ,So please recheck and try it again.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
garrison

I got it done eventually in the middle of the night so I did not post any update.

But it is done now. I had to de install desktop software on my PC and then install again. I have also deleted the update which was downloaded to BB before having another go. It went all OK without any problems.

Thank you very much for your help and patience! :Clap:

System update did not resolve the youtube problem though, but I will keep chasing service provider i this matter.

Please use plain text.