Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Orange

9380 neither the screen nor the cursor operate.

I have had this curve 9380 for about 10 months. this afternoon just after I'd finished using the caclulator I went to open the screen again. I have slide lock,I slid my finger across the lock slide but  nothing happened, I tried using the cursor button again no joy. After several useless attempts i went to EE where I got the phone from.

The chap at Orange said it would probably have to go away for repair but as all they did was to update the software, hesuggested I try installing the latest O.S. myself.

The problem with that is when I plug in the USB from the PC I get a choice of Charge (Highlighted), Sync Media or USB Drive and, as I can't move the cursor from Charge I can't go to USB  so i can't update the software.....

It is most bizarre, if I press and hold the blackberry button I get Clock, Home,WWW,BBM Phone, e-mails and Slide Lock, but I can't select any of them.

It did once go to the home screen but again, no cursor,so  no selection and , of course, side lock is always there. Any ideas?

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9380
My Carrier: digicel jamaica

Re: 9380 neither the screen nor the cursor operate.

I have that problem too sometimes with my curve 9380 too. But I always just reboot and it comes back to normal or I tap the lock button at the top and unlock it a few minutes later. As for the desktop software you don't need to touch the device at all when u plug in the usb. Just let it sit there. It will show up on the PC in a couple minutes. Don't need to tap usb mode on the screen. I have desktop software 7 btw.