Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
labellasunshine
My Device: curve 8530

A damsel in distress! :(

Recently I had downloaded the third party Youtube Player through BB World and it was working perfectly until I had decided to download the Opera Mini Browser. Afterwards media wouldn't load let alone play in the app or on the browser site. Even deleting Opera and doing the battery pull didn't solve the problem. When I start the apps troubleshooting I get the following message: Error Details: net.rim.device.internal.media.RimMediaException: Media unloaded while initializing<br>WAP UID: IOTA Provisioning<br>RTSP Suffix: ;ConnectionUID=IOTA Provisioning<br>Connection Suffix: ;deviceside=false; To verify that your carrier supports YouTube streaming click the browser test buttons below. If playing YouTube videos does not work in the browser, it is most likely a problem with your data plan, please contact your carrier and they will resolve the problem. <br><br>Problem is the browser works tip top for everything else but to play videos. And when I do try to load a youtube video I get an error message stating there was a problem with loading the video. My Curve model is 8530 and my OS is v.5 carrier is Boost Mobile as I am American lol :smileyhappy: thank you so much for the help and advice loves!
New Contributor
labellasunshine

Re: A damsel in distress! :(

Can anyone help me or is the support forum mainly for Blackberry Europe? :smileysad:
JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Please do this:

• Open your browser, and press the Menu key > Options.
  • Scroll down to the function to clear the cache and history, and click to clear both.Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot.
  • Now, after reboot, open your browser again and type in " m.youtube.com " and see if you can proceed to play a youtube video from there.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
labellasunshine

I've did as you suggested and received the following message: An error occured while trying to play the media. Sadly I've already tried to do the battery pull troubleshoot before posting here JSanders...I'm truly at wits end. After attempting to play FOUR different videos (from the mobile version of Youtube) I'm still getting the same error response.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I've read of only a few others having this same youtube issue. You need to call your mobile provider & get this issue escalated up to RIM level tech support.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
labellasunshine

I'll give them a call now and post an update here, hopefully this will be sorted out soon before this model becomes obsolete. Boost mobile tends to ignore the needs of device support when that happens.