Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
pasakaw
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: blackberry
Accepted Solution

A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

when the installation process is finished.. the reboot comes nxt and my BB device working now,, after a few minutes, it was appear that  "A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again" and i disconnected my device.. my question is.. is this error affect the stability or working of my DEVICE?

I need your answer :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Hi pasakaw

Have you intrepted the update process in anyway .. maybe something gone wrong while doing this software update.Currently  what is the status of your BlackBerry  is it working properly ? 

If you feel any problem then you should try an OS reload using desktop software which will fix any software glitchs.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pasakaw

Re: A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

yes it is working properly but sometimes there is a message that  apper on my screen that there is an error.. if this error continue appearing on my screen i will download an OS. but how can i download the OS & how can i install it?

answer please....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pasakaw

yes it is working properly but sometimes there is a message that  apper on my screen that there is an error.. if this error continue appearing on my screen i will download an OS. but how can i download the OS & how can i install it?

answer please... :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hey pasakaw,

I'm really sorry for this delay in replying :smileysad:

Regarding your current issue , you have two choices , either perform a OS Reload using desktop software which will offer your carrier OS packs  or if you want to use any other carrier OS pack then perform a manual OS update in which you can download and install any carrier OS pack.

If you want to perform an  OS reload using your carrier OS then refer to this KB Article and follow those instruction , But after a full device backup :

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software

However if you want to try any other Carrier OS packs with most recent OS pack then follow  those instructions :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click  on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

• Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.

4.Search your C: Drive for any Vendor.xml files and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders  :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop

Software.

After a Reload / Update , before restoring anything from your backup first check if your BlackBerry back to normal or if you still recieve any such errors . If issue resolves then don't restore everything from your backup files , use selective restore . Restore only your contacts , Calenders , etc . You can Install your apps from BlackBerry world but Install one application at a time .

So, please try it and let me know if you feel any problem.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
SlickBassPlaya
My Device: BlackBerry 7250
My Carrier: Telus

Unfortunately, it's not working for my 7250. It still says, "A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again." Is the phone garbage now?
Please use plain text.