Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
jw3402
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

A few questions...sorry so many questions..

Hello. I just got my BB about a week ago so I have a few questions. I browsed through the previous pages to see if my questions were already asked, but I didn't see it (at least not with the first 6 pages) so sorry if it's a repeat.

1. If you add a song to your BlackBerry, like from iTunes list, can you use that as a ring tone too? Or no because it was uploaded as a song and not a ringtone per-se?

2. Is there a way to watch videos online? Like from YouTube or other sites that require Flash? 

3. I currently have my left convenience as the Phone Lock, requiring a password to unlock it (not just the #* or whatever the generic unlock code is). However, my phone will automatically lock after 1 hour (that's the longest I could set it). Is there a way to turn off the fact that it will automatically lock after 1 hour, but still have the password as the way to unlock my phone?

4. Is there a way to turn off the key tones when dialing a number? Even when I'm in Silent or Vibrate, whenever I dial a number, the numbers still make noise.

5. If you accidentally delete a text, is there any way to recover it? My older phone had the option to browse deleted texts.

I think that's it...thanks so much in advance!! 

Jess 

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: A few questions...sorry so many questions..

Hi and welcome to the forums,

lets take them one at a time:

1) you can use a song as a ringtone, go to media music, highlight the song hit menu key and pick Set as Ringtone/

The whole song will not play as a ringtome, just 4or 5 seconds of it.

2) There are third party apps that will let you which SOME videos, it depends on the format. I will have to find the

one I know about, just can't remember the name right now :smileyhappy:

3) There isn't an option to turn off the security timeout if you are using the password, kind of makes sense if you think about it. I have mine set for an hour because I am on and off it frequently. But I always manually lock it when I leave it.

4) No, the keytones stay on, even in vibrate mode.

5) I have to look up this

So I owe you a link and an answer to 5.

Please let me know if the others answer your questions, and I will come back with the other info.

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I
Bifocals

5) unless they were backup up by DMM they are not retrievable.  Desktop Manager is the tool that backs up and restores

and synchronize the data  for the BB device.

2) you can convert videos to watch on BB here is the link

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=General_Functions&message.id=2898#M28...

Let us know if you have any more questions,

Thanks

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Contributor
jw3402

Thanks so much for the quick response. I haven't tried the link yet, but I'm going to get to that. Thanks again!
Guru I
Bifocals

[ Edited ]

Let us know!

Message Edited by Bifocals on 09-03-2008 07:03 PM

Contributor
cecegirl
My Device: Curve 8330 Verizon

4. I have the 8330 Curve and I can turn off my keytones.  Go to OPTIONS then SCREEN/KEYBOARD scroll down to KEYTONE and click on it to turn it off. 
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi cecegirl,

He was talking about the keytones when dialing a message,

But thanks for trying to help!

Contributor
cecegirl

I guess I must be confused.  I am able to turn my keytones off and no matter what I do ie; sms, bb messanger, email or dial a number, there is no tones.  But if I go and turn my keytone on then I have a tone no matter what I do (a horrible tone at that :-) ). 
Contributor
jw3402

Really cecegirl? That's weird. Yes, I went to Options > Screen/Keyboard and turned off the keytones, but the only tones I hear now are when I physically dial a number. Oh well, I guess it's not that big of a deal. Thanks!
Contributor
cecegirl

Maybe I have a sooper cool phone because even when I dial a number I have no tones at all.  Now my friend with the 8310 has tones when he dials but nothing else.  Maybe mine has a glitch.:smileyhappy: