Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ilsb2m
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

A new Curve?

hi everybody!

i just had a quick question

so its time for a new blackberry and i love the curve series, and i was wondering if there was any plans for a new curve (for AT&T) anytime in the near future. i dont want to buy one and have a new one come out soon after!

it would be really nice if they could add video recording and wifi to the 8310....but i guess that would make it just TOO perfect, huh? =]

thanks!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: A new Curve?

The Blackberry Curve 8310 will have video recording and wi-fi once the 4.5 operating system is released. Some carriers already have it others only have beta. I for one am scared of beta so I am waiting for AT&T to release a supported version. As far as plans for a new curve I really don't know. This is my first blackberry and as I tell my husband I am now a blackberry girl for life!
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ilsb2m

wow thanks soo much for the information and quick reply!!

well a close friend has the 8310 and I'm extremely jealous of it, so with the new update id say its a surething buy!

would you happen to know the ballpark time of release for the new OS?

i have to say im right behind you with the 'blackberry girl for life!' =]

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

With OS 4.5 in 8310 certainly have video recording but not WiFi. Curve 8320 comes with WiFi and 8310 comes with GPS. If you go for 8320 then WiFi and video recodring will be possible.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ilsb2m

so im extremely new at this.....

ive checked 4.5 out a little for the 8310 and it looks like just what i want (wifi isnt something i want or need, just something that woulda been nice to have)

when is a legit version coming out for at&t curve 8310, if it hasnt already...and how do i get it?

thanks 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Sorry Tanzim about the wifi. Either I read an innacurate article or I just misread it.

ilsb2m, the release date depends on your carrier. As of now I heat At&t is supposed to release it sometime in September. 

~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.