Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: Aircel

A small Doubt on my BB Curve 9300

First time after purchasing BB Curve 9300, i connected it to internet using a WiFi connection... Later i activated my BB services(social networking pack) through my service providers. After the service got expired, i connected my BB to net via WiFi again... But, my BB Facebook application donot connect internet through WiFI and searches for BB services... It says like "You are currently on a service planthat dosenot support this application, Please connect to WiFi or contact your Service Provider"

Please help me finding how to make my BB Facebook, other Social apps., Gtalk,Yahoo Messenger etc,. to work with my active WiFi connection and making service providor next.

Note: I tried to fix this issue by switching off Data services, mobile networks etc etc,. But its not working Smiley Sad   

Kindly Help Me Regarding...

JaaT

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: A small Doubt on my BB Curve 9300

Hi jaat88,

Some carriers will require an active data plan on the account to allow access to Wi-Fi services. Contact your Service provider.

Good luck!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi jaat88,

Did you still have the Blackberry Data plan from your carrier ( aircel ) as you said ( after the services got  expired ). Because These are BBapps. which require specific Data plan which you can get from your carrier ( Aircel ).

After having a Blackberry Data Plan you can easily use this apps like BB Facebook , other Social Apps., Gtalk, Yahoo Messanger etc.However you can use your native Browser .

I Hope your problem Resolves. Take Care.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: Aircel

Hey,

So, that means that some of the BB apps like FB,Gtak etc,. wont work using a WiFi ? and they work only under Data Plans ?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi jaat88,

Did you still have the Blackberry Data Plan from your carrier ( Aircel ), as you said ( after my services expired ). Because the Apps. you are talking about are BBapps. which requirespecific Blackberry Data plans which you can get from your service provider ( Aircel ). After having specific Data plan you can enjoy BB Facebook , Social apps.,Gtalk, Yahoo Messanger etc. from your device . However you can use your device native browser without any data plans .

I hope it resolves your problem.Take Care.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

You need an active data plan.

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

jaat88 wrote:

Hey,

So, that means that some of the BB apps like FB,Gtak etc,. wont work using a WiFi ? and they work only under Data Plans ?

Hello jaat88

They are correct. Your phone can connect to the WiFi but it needs authentication from a Blackberry Data Plan so that your WiFi would have the BB logo (Blackberry Infrastructure) to know that it is authenticated. Please check the Article below for the explanation.

BlackBerry smartphone does not authenticate to the BlackBerry Infrastructure over Wi-Fi when there i...

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter