Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
mshoney
My Device: 9700 Bold
Accepted Solution

AIM- Internal Error message

Hey for some reason I can't log into AIM at all, when I do it says Internal error, is anyone else having an issue with the AIM messenger?? and if so does anyone know how to fix it?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: AIM- Internal Error message

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

If it ever worked, then try this:

Anytime random strange behaviors creep in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

If this is the first time you are attempting to use it, then hopefully someone with experience with AIM on BB will come by to help.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mshoney

I've tried that and it still keeps giving me the Internal error message. AIM has worked before but now it won't, i was using beejive before but the trial expired and I don't want to pay for it. Can anyone else give me a clue as to what I should do?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Have you considered updating your device OS? Or the version of AIM that you have installed? Or perhaps both?

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mshoney

Updating my OS? This is a new blackberry curve 8900 i just got in May its the newest OS...but i'll redownload the AIM and see if it that helps
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mshoney

Finally found a solution to this problem no one else seemed to know.....i basically deleted AIM completely out of my blackberry, i let it reboot since it automatically does that, i then remove the battery while the phone is on, leave it out for like a few minutes, reinsert the battery and reinstalled AIM again and it works now!!

I'm able to be signed in all day without it kicking me offline....so for anyone who was getting the same error message try this and it works!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Gamgergurl89
My Device: Blackberry curve

I just downloaded aim and it keeps giving me an internal error 56. I logged in fine on the computer but won't let me log in.
Please use plain text.