Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

AOL mail icon for the home screen/ globe at the top with the #2 to the left of it mean?

Hi,

I just got my phone this week. I love it so far!!! I am just confused with a couple things...

First:

I have my work email pushed to me and I have a gmail icon just for mail on the home screen. Does AOL mail have the same kind of app? or is the AOL search Icon the only downloadable icon for the home screen?

Second:

On my phone there is a globe up at the top with the #2 on the left of it... Both my sister and brother have the exact same phone as me and they don't have it. what does it mean?

THANK-YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!

Smiley Happy Nilda

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: AOL mail icon for the home screen/ globe at the top with the #2 to the left of it mean?

So you are using Gmail app. As far as i know there is no BB AOL app same as Gmail app.

But you can integrate your AOL account via BIS (http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/software/internet.jsp) and gmail account can be integrated the same way. This way your email will be push same as corporate email, no need to chk mail on the app.

Can you be little more descriptive about your 2nd quest?

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

Re: AOL mail icon for the home screen/ globe at the top with the #2 to the left of it mean?

ok when you look at the home screen a little under and to the left of where it says edge I have a globe symbol with a #2 on the left of it... I thought it was maybe a browser open or something but I dunno since I try to end everything... I looked in the manual at the desc. of icons and it doesn't even refer to a globe symbol...

thanks for the aol ans!! Smiley Happy 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

try taking battery out and put it back in and see if that goes away. i am not sure about it.

you can take a pic of the screen and post it here may be unless some one else here knows what that icon is.

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

nmartinez09 wrote:

ok when you look at the home screen a little under and to the left of where it says edge I have a globe symbol with a #2 on the left of it... I thought it was maybe a browser open or something but I dunno since I try to end everything... I looked in the manual at the desc. of icons and it doesn't even refer to a globe symbol...

thanks for the aol ans!! Smiley Happy 

Click on your messages icon > hit menu key (left of trackball) > view folder > browser messages. 

Hope this helps....

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
New Contributor

FINALLY!!!

thanks guys!!! it was the WAP Push Messages... 

Again thanks! you guys were very helpful Smiley Happy

Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

If you problem was solved....you may kudos the author or authors who helped you if desired....also you can mark the it with the "accepted solution".  Glad we could help.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
New Contributor

I put the kudos for the both of you and meant to put the accepted solutions for both as well

This also works for the Storm. Thanks so much for posting!!
Highlighted

Thank you for the explantion of the globe icon!