Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520

APPS DON'T WORK ON BB CURVE 8520

Somebody help me...!

I bought my BB Curve 8520 less than two weeks ago.

I've installed MSN Messenger App, that worked only for 3 days and then stopped, saying that it's not possible to contact the server (even though I'm connected to wi-fi networks and have free access to Internet because of my mobile plan). WhatsApp NEVER worked. And Facebook App works only sometimes (though the chat almost NEVER works).

What's wrong with my device...? Is it normal? 

Contributor
My Device: 9300

Re: APPS DON'T WORK ON BB CURVE 8520

You're correct this is not normal :Surrender: Which OS are you?:

If you have a mobile data plan which is GPRS or 3g not WAP supported only, What App should work.. With your remaining Applications by default these works with Blackberry internet plan. Yes Facebook 2.0 or greater version works with Wifi..

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520

how do a know what's my OS...?

Contributor
My Device: 9300

Can you find Options> Device> Device and status information> Os 6.0... Els try to find device information somewhere it will tell your OS versions.. 

if you are using curve 8520 ideally you cannot use greater than OS 5.0. Try to find If its below Os 5.0 ( something like OS 4.0.xx) then try to upgrade it to OS 5.0. Might help.

My Device: Curve 8530

Hey I have a bb curve 8530 and it's giving me the same problem I don't what to do!! I tried to find my OS in the options but failed.