Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
berryguytom
My Device: curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

AT&T can't find my phone...or It can't find them

Okay, here we go. Background: Me...this curve 8310 is my first ever smart phone. Never sent a text. Only have a vague understanding of what an app is, and the idea of interfacing my phone with my computer is scarey.  I am strarting at ground ZERO. Please use as few acronyms as possible, as I just won't know what you're talking about. Thanks.

From the beginning: First, I'm pretty broke so I found a used absolutely pristine AT&T Blackberry curve 8310 on line, & don't want to get into a contract now because of a cross contry move soon, so I am planning to use Straighttalk wireless. I'm now w/ AT&T.

Don't know if those are good ideas, but I'm new & dumb, so let's get past that & on to the problem.

Everything about the functioning of the phone leads me to believe it saw virtually no use & especially no abuse.

I put my AT&T SIM in the phone, called AT&T and told them I wanted to get it going. They logged it in & said I should be ready to go, but the phone stays in SOS signal mode.

So we (the AT&T tech & me) begin 2 hours of diagnostics. Everything from check for water damage to resetting, rebooting & proceedures I don't understend & wherefore can't recall the specifics of. I'm sorry for that, especially if it means you don't have enough to go on. But I have ti believe that after 2 hours of it we got through all the common issues.

So, I guess why I'm here is to ask if anyone went through this & found some quirky little off the wall thing to solve it. I suppose I can't rule out a hardware flaw, but the guy I got the phone from said used successfully for only a short period & stored it. (Said he'll give me a refund, so I don't think he's pulling anything)  It literally looks brand new & functions the same way, except that AT&T shows no signal except the SOS thing.

Does this just happens with phones sometimes? If I didn't give enough info, please ask, but remember, I'm really dumb about all this. I do have the desk software v4.5.0.174.

My phone says it's v4.5.0.182 (platform 2.7.0.106)  I've done some phone updating that popped up on my computer

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
berryguytom

Re: AT&T can't find my phone...or It can't find them

[ Edited ]

Okay, here's a follow up to my post of yesterday that no one replied to. After unlocking the phone (got the code from AT&T) it now says right under the little AT&T logo at the top center of the screen,  SIM not allowed:3

I called AT&T & they said that meant it's not an AT&T phone. But it is. It says so on the phone & on the screen & shows that to be the network on the mobile network icon screen. What's going on?

Also, in the advanced options screen, there's a TCP catagory.

In it it says; APN:WAP.cingular

Why Cingular???

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
berryguytom

Well, it looks like I'm the only one who is replying to me. Well, at least it makes me feel like part of the group.
So...did I do something wrong already...question too hard...didn't provide enough info...nobody likes me... just takes a while to be accepted? What?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
berryguytom

I don't think I've ever been part of a forum where no one has even stopped to say hi until now.

I figured out my issue anyway, so no input will be needed

Please use plain text.