Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Able to send sms and mms pictures BUT cannot receive mms pictures.

I'm writing this for my sis. She has a BB 8330...updated with the latest software. All of a sudden we've noticed that she's unable to retrieve pictures by mms (she had been able to previously). In fact, she's unable to retrieve a mms with text only. The message she receives when trying to retrieve a picture is "Could not retrieve message content. Try again later." She's talked with support and they are baffled and say they will get back to her. She is able to "send" mms text and mms pictures to everyone. And, of course, she has no problem with sms text messages. She's tried the "battery pull" a few times. She's freed up all memory. She has an 8GB memory card (mass storage mode on) with 6GB free. Her device has "File free" 47732496 bytes. About the only thing she has installed is "documents to go premium". Any thoughts on this or any advice? Thanks!
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Able to send sms and mms pictures BUT cannot receive mms pictures.

Hi,

Thanks for writing in this community. You've tried every trick that you can do  from your end and also provide all the detail. Very effective.

Is it a NOKIA device from which she is receiving MMS? If yes try sending MMS from another BlackBerry device. Let me know the result.

Again the MMS which content can't be retrived ...give a restar to that device...right after that go to MMS folder and open the MMS...click Menu and select Retrive now.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor

Thank you tanzim for your quick reply.  No, the phones that have been sending her the mms messages are another BB 8330 and a Motorola razer.

She contacted the "Documents to go" people and they replied that she needed to download an older version and then she would be able to receive mms messages.  They didn't give her any instructions or links!  So, we're wondering if she'd download an older version.....would she still have the premium version that she paid for.  I'll find out more and let you know.  The "documents to go" people must have encountered this problem before.  Too bad they don't tell people before they download it!!

I too have a BB 8330 Curve and love it.  My husband tells people that I have it in my face all the time!  LOL

Adicted??  Nooooooo [smiling sheepishly]

Contributor

This is what was sent from Dataviz support and they also claim to not know WHO told her from Dataviz to install an older version:

Although the problem starts after Documents To Go is installed on the handheld, this is actually an issue in the BlackBerry operating system. The problem only seems to affect certain devices. RIM is aware of this issue, and they are currently working on a fix.

Because this is a problem in the BlackBerry OS and not a problem with the Documents To Go software, there is nothing DataViz can do to fix it. If you are experiencing this problem, you will need to contact RIM/BlackBerry technical support for help to resolve the issue.
http://www.blackberry.com/support

Regards,
Tony

New Contributor

I am having the same problem with my storm.  I was able to receive mms, but not anymore.  Everything else works ok.  My provider made me update my phone to the current software, but that did not work.  I went to your link, but I can't seem to find the right link to report my problem.  It seems everything is for business.