Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
MarkPA
My Device: Curve 8310
Accepted Solution

Accessing Password Keeper Data using Desktop Software

I recently had a pressure crack to the LCD on my Curve 8310.

I need to access my stored passwords in Password Keeper, however since the LCD is toast, can't read anything on the phone.

I'm waiting on a replacement LCD, but need Password, ASAP.

Is there any programs to view the program on the pc?

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Accessing Password Keeper Data using Desktop Software

There is nothing that will allow you to read anything in the password keeper.  You can make a backup and restore it to another BlackBerry. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
MarkPA
My Device: Curve 8310

I tried a solution which did actuall work, so I figured I would post in case anyone else has this same problem.

I had previously backed up the data from my Blackberry Curve 8310 using the Desktop Management Software.

I downloaded a Simulatr for my Curve 8310 and installed the software.  I found the simulator at BlackBerry Smartphone Simulators - URL

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/resources/simulators.jsp

Once the program was installed I ran the program, which brings up an image of the phone.

I started my Desktop Management Software.

Now back in the Smartphone Simulator

In the menu, I selected "USB Cable Connected" which simulates connecting the smartphone.

Once I did this, the Desktop Management Software prompted me to create settings for then new phone.

Once I set up this new Virtual Phone, I Restored my backup from the Desktop Management Software to the New Virtual Phone.

I could then use the mouse to go to the Password Keeper and open the program.  It prompted me for my password and all of the data appeared.

Hope this helps someone else.  Good Luck.

Mark

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Well, that's thinking outsidethe box. Well done!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
mrkaay
My Device: 9000

Mark, this is brilliant. It works great. Thanks for posting.
New Contributor
Lou1960
My Device: 9650 Bold

@MarkPA

I came across your post last night and used it this morning - it worked wonderfully!  Just when I thought all was lost.

Thank you so much for your insights.  It was a Godsend - I really needed that information!

Contributor
drdev
My Device: Curve 8520 & playbook

@mark PA
Awesome work !!!!
New Contributor
aamirghanchi
My Device: Not Specified

You are the God sent!
Thank you!!!