Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
julesagogo
My Device: ex-Torch 9800, now Bold 9700

Action required: update password Error happens a lot - help!

Hello,

I am trying to figure out why this is happening.  I have multiple email accounts sending to my Curve using BIS personal from AT&T including two from the same work server set up using the BIS settings for Outlook Web Access.  My main work account has been getting many of the email below recently (several in a day at various times), but the other work account hasn't received these emails lately.  This does not happen with my gmail accounts.  My password has not changed.

When I get them, I go on my phone to http://bis.na.blackberry.com/wap/some-numbers/b008?c=1&a=1&brand=mycingular&splash=true&deviceInfo=l... sign in, click "email accounts" where they all show up and only this one shows X:Invalid AcctI click the Validate link and it works for a while, then I get another email later.

Thanks in advance for your help!

To: J
Subject: Action required: update password!
Sent: Feb 21, 2009 07:52

Update the password for X in the BlackBerry Internet Service! Email messages from X are not being delivered to your BlackBerry device. To resume receiving email messages from this email address, update the password for X in the BlackBerry Internet Service:

1. Open your BlackBerry Internet Service account by completing one of the following actions:

* Click the email setup application on your device.
 * Using a browser on your computer, visit the BlackBerry Internet Service web site.

2. Go to the Email Accounts page.
 3. Edit X.
 4. Update the Password field.
 5. Click Save.

Email Account Information:
Email Address: (redacted)
Email Account Name: X

-- Automatically generated email: Do Not Reply to this email --
-----------------------------
Jules
My ongoing Torch review/notes
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
My Device: 9700

Re: Action required: update password Error happens a lot - help!

You may want to contact your IT dept to see if the mailserver is being taken down for maintenance at night or the nights when you get these messages.

If the BIS attempts to log into your account multiple times and is not getting a response back, it will think that something has happened to your account or server. By default, it sends out this automated password message.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
julesagogo

These aren't only at night AND they were only happening on the one work account...I'm going to keep an eye on it after I deleted/added it - thanks!
Jules
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor

Keep up posted on the results.

Thanks,
Please use plain text.
Contributor
julesagogo

I received an email at my primary work account via Outlook at 11:33, then another at 11:35.

I did not receive these on blackberry before the next email I received on my blackberry at 13:36 - another "Action required: update password" error.

After I REvalidated my primary work account, I received the two emails above.

The secondary work account had no trouble - no error telling me to validate my password.

I just sent an email from gmail to both work accounts at 14:47, received at both accounts via Outlook at 14:47.

Received it at my secondary account on blackberry at 15:00.  Nothing yet on the primary account on blackberry (15:18).

Jules
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor

Contact your IT dept and have them review the logs for the exchange server when BIS try to log into your account. The error log should tell them something. Why it's failing.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
julesagogo

I wish I could...can't say any more...
Jules
Please use plain text.
kgarney
My Device: Not Specified

Be careful!  The same day I recieved this message same message and clicked the "Validate" link for my gmail account on my blackberry, someone revised my forwarding options in gmail.  All new messages were forwarded to someone else's email address  (tuxedo1538@hotmail.com) and deleted from my inbox.  I did not initiate the forwarding.  Check your forwarding options ASAP!
Please use plain text.
CanadianMade
My Device: Not Specified

You IT staff may have logon hours defined that deny your logon during certain hours during the night. We have that done here to prevent logons so that backups of file servers complete more effciently.
Please use plain text.