Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Adding Applications To My Phone Is Not Working

I hve tryed adding applications to my Blackberry but when i do it keeps saying that the applications are not compatible but the ones i am trying are for Blackberry phones.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

Re: Adding Applications To My Phone Is Not Working

Applications and themes have to be compatible with your phone model as well as your device OS version, they are not universal for all phones and OS versions.

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
New Contributor

It was the Opera Mini i have just tryed and on there site is asked for the model of my phone and service provider and still didn't work lol.

Forums Advisor III

Go to m.opera.com from your phone's blackberry browser and the download page should automatically recognize your phone. If not, in the browser press menu, click "options" and go to "Browser Configuration". What is the "Browser" setting listed at the top and what is your "emulation" set to? It should be to "Blackberry".

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
New Contributor

Well the thing is, ive just got the phone and i have an o2 pay as you go sim but i need to add the internet settings into the phone but i do not know where to add them in the phone at the moment, could you help with that?

Forums Advisor III

Take a look at this link: http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_are_the_TCP_and_APN_settings%3F

If possible, you can enter settings (if your provider gave them to you) in Options>Advanced Options>TCP

Kijana
Please remember to:
New Contributor

Thanks.

I have put the settings into TCP but it still will not let me connect.

Forums Advisor III

Your blackberry browser may not work until your provider pushes a service book to enable it, but you should be able to get it working by downloading opera to your computer and installing onto your phone: http://www.opera.com/mini/download/blackberry/

Kijana
Please remember to: