Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Adding Contacts

I just got my new Curve yesterday - first blackberry and needless to say I am confused. Is there a way I can add and edit contacts into my address book from my computer and then sync them into my phone?

Solutions: 6,065
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Adding Contacts

Certainly, through MS Outlook and sync back to your BB. If you don't have Outlook, then Outlook Express will work for contacts as well.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

and I do that how?  Do I need to setup either BB or outlook to sync, and if so how?

Sorry coming from a BB Virgin grrrrrrr:smileyhappy:

Solutions: 6,065
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Step 1 Install Blackberry Desktop Manager Manager from 

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/ 

Step2
Connect blackberry to your PC using a USB cable and let blackberry device driver install. When device driver install is complete, it will alert "hardware installed successfully" in your windows task tray.

Step3
Run Blackberry Desktop software and choose SYNCHRONIZE option.

Step4
Now choose CONFIGURE and you may select CONTACTS, CALENDAR, NOTES, and TASKS databases by clicking check boxes next to each. After you select each item, it will ask which application you would like to sync it with, you will choose OUTLOOK for all.

Step5
Now click OK out of all windows until you are at the main blackberry desktop manager screen. click SYNCHRONIZE. Make sure that the SYCHRONIZE ORGANIZER DATA check box is checked. Now click SYNCHRONIZE NOW to begin synchronization.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code