Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Adding pop3 email isn't an option?

I just purchased a new 8310 from eBay because my last one was dropped in water and this wound up being cheaper for me. The phone is new (as far as I can tell) and shows no sigs of use, at all. I'm having a problem though and hope someone could stear me in the right direction. I can not add any email accounts other them those from a blackberry server. I remember my last blackberry offered a three options under Email Setup:

1. I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Server
  2. I want to skp email setup
  3. I want to add a .... (I don't remember the exact phrase but it was regarding a non-blackberry/pop3 email accounts)

The third option does not exist for me, on this phone. I am able to connect to the internet and make calls but I can't get any emails. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Contributor

Re: Adding pop3 email isn't an option?

I also don't have that option.  I do have data service but it's not activated yet and thought maybe that was the reason.  I guess I'll find out when I activate on August 15th.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Locatorjg1,

Welcome to the forums!

Try this link from Blackberry 101:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/blackberry101/setup.jsp#tab_tab_email

Hope this helps!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

I wanted to share the resolution to my problem with everyone. I did not call AT&T and let them know I had switched phones. Once I read them the info on my phone and reset it I was able to add my email address. I'm marking this as solved.

- Joe