Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 Curve
My Carrier: Rogers

Additional BIS Exchange account not working with BES Exchange

Hello all... I am having some trouble adding a new MS Exchange email account through BIS to my blackberry that already has an enterprise activation (eg BES) to a different Exchange account. When I create the Exchange setup in BIS, the device never receives any email or calendar events from that account. Synchronized items only list "deleted" and nothing else.

This used to work before my corporate mail was migrated from Lotus Notes. Previous setup had BES activation with some kind of Notes conduit and I added the BIS setup for a new exchange account with a different company. This worked fine until corporate mail was moved to Exchange and I had to wipe my device and reactivate with a new BES.

Now the BIS setup just will not work. The account is created fine. I do not get any login errors. It says the account was successfully added. The problem is that the only item listed under "Enabled Synchronization Options" is Deleted items with a green checkmark. No other items are listed like Inbox or Sent.

any ideas? Sorry if this has been answered before. I could not find this same situation in a previous post. I have been working on this for several weeks with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. thnx

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: Additional BIS Exchange account not working with BES Exchange

That sounds like it is working as it should. BIS only supports the push of email in your inbox via OWA. It does not support calendar or contact sync Like the full BES experience. 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 Curve
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Additional BIS Exchange account not working with BES Exchange

I am not getting any emails through the BIS owa mail account, though. That's the problem.