Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
TexTwister
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Advanced Options Icon missing from Applications screen

Someone help please.  I was hiding icons and boom, the Advanced Options (or Options) icon disappeared.  Yes, I have clicked show all, unhid all the hidden icons and still nothing.  Very frustrating.  I don't want to have to flash the OS.

Thanks in advance for a resonse.  TT

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Bolder
My Device: 8320, 8120

Re: Advanced Options Icon missing from Applications screen

[ Edited ]

try changing your theme by going to options theme, or reset theme defaults in the same location by selecting your theme, hitting your menu button and selecting reset them defaults.

if you are on a qwerty device, go to your phone application(green call button), click your menu button and select options, general options - set "dial from homescreen" to No. Back out and save the changes. now go to your icon screen and press the letter O. This should bring you to your optionis, now hit the back button and the options icon should be highlighted, making it easier to find. Don't forget to change dial to homescreen back to yes if you desire this functionality.

Cheers!

Message Edited by Bolder on 06-26-2008 02:23 AM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TexTwister

It worked!  I changed the theme and viola - the Icon was there.  All NOTE:  I was holding down the O key as opposed to just hitting it and being patient.  Holding it down was activating the speed dial setting option - simply hitting the O key and waiting WILL bring up the Options menu.  My thanks to Contributor for the quick response and assistance.

TT

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dharmadoggie

I have had my Curve 8310 running just a week.  I don't see any Options icon, never have, even if I do show all.  ??

Thx, Tom

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dharmadoggie

Oops, sorry, I just found it.  Having just transitioned from a Palm-based Kyocera 1735, I can say the UI controls are much better on the Curve, but some of the display options are lacking.  Simple things, like labels on icon, would help a lot.  Perhaps there are patent issue preventing that.

Please use plain text.