Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
earnshae
My Device: Not Specified

Alarm Problem

Hello,

I have searched the forms and read the manual several times but I can't find anyone with my problem or with a solution that seems to work and I was hoping I could get some feed back on something that I may be over looking.

I use my blackberry as an alarm.

When I first got it when the alarm went off it would play the selected tone in a loop until it was dismissed or snooze was selected, it was very effective.

Now when the alarm goes off it only plays the selected time once it is very breif and does not wake me up.

I have looked at and tried to change the alarm settings but none of them seem to have any effect on this behaviour and the manual is very cryptic with regards to the exact meaning of the options that I am changing.

If anyone has any insight into this behaviour it would be greatly appricated or if you are also experiancing this behaviour please post below.

Thank you.

Visitor
rxcoop

Re: Alarm Problem

http://www.blackberrysmart.com/alarmspro-downloads.php

for $8.95, it gives you so much more flexibility than the included alarm.  i realize it's not an answer to your question, but just try the free demo....

Forums Veteran I
bbhorrigan
My Device: 8900

I had this same problem, but then  I just decided to use the calendar, it does everything you would need from an alarm.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
New Contributor
earnshae

I tried that and it would seem that the alarm from the calander is suffering from the same problem.
thnkhppythghts

In the past, the alarm would ring repeatedly until i either 'closed' it or 'snoozed'. However, suddenly the menu changed and it just started to ring ONCE and the options now says 'Snooze' or 'Dismiss', which is very weird and at the top is says 'Daily Alarm'. which it never said before. I dunno what happened, i haven't changed anything, i dont think. Any help would be appreciated.
kew
Contributor
kew

Can`t look at the moment mine is asleep for the night - you set the time via the clock and the rest from options - I`ll look tomorrow
New Contributor
maxyman

my advice for your problem is to connect you bb to your pc and simply upgrade your os.

even if you have the newest os just replace it.

after it is done try the alarm again and if it does the same try a difrent tune.

sometimes the problem lies in the tune and not in the bb :smileywink:

New Contributor
martinistripes
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900

This is a real pain in the **bleep** and I wish Blackberry would fix this.

Before one of the recent updates, you could set your alarm before the 'auto on' time. The phone would turn on and the alarm of your choice would sound and wake you. During the update they've added stupid sounds for start-up and shutdown, and also for when you connect or disconnect anything. Now what happens is, if you set your alarm at a time when your phone is off, the phone will turn on, and just the start-up sound is played.

Where/how can I report this fault officially. Also,sorry to rant for my first post on the forum but this bug is driving me nuts. Are they aware of it?

New Contributor
martinistripes
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900

I recently, exchanged my 8900 for another after the trackball started getting stuck. I restored my back-up just partially, ie. only contacts, tasks and other important bits. Now this phone is working as normal. It will sound the alarm regardless of wether the phone is off or on at the set alarm time. Also, I no longer have a start-up & shutdown sound.

I can only guess this frustrating problem was caused by third party software (ie app or theme install).

New Contributor
hapiicacai
My Device: blackberry bold 9870

.hey.. soo uhmm my problem about the alarm is...it has no sounds, only vibrates. i tried all the tones but none of them worked. :\ hmm,.

╔═════════════════════════╗
║ .act happy, feel happy, be happy ヽ(´ヮ`)ノ. ║
╚═════════════════════════╝