Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

wj1
New Contributor
wj1
My Device: Curve 8530

Re: Alarm clock issue after OS upgrade to 5..0.0.973

I am having the same issue:  after the upgrade, it won't go into bedside mode when charging, but does when plugged in with the USB cord.

Can't do the downgrade 'cause I'm on an older Mac (PowerPC G4).  I did the upgrade via OTA.  Is there any other way to downgrade to the previous version?

Why haven't they fixed this already?! :womanmad:

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

RIM is aware of the issue and the problem should be resolved in a future version, but the catch is that it can take carriers time to approve updates. 

In the meantime, I'd recommend either finding a PC for the downgrade, or to try the fix I suggested, or you can take the phone into your carrier and they may be able to do the downgrade for you.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Visitor
blaze2222

one thing i've noticed along with everything else listed is, my battery icon doesn't indicate that the battery is charging.... the only way i can tell is the bars fill up as it charges... not sure if it's specific to my phone or if i'm the only one that noticed it... i thought it was just my home charger till i noticed it on my car charger as well

kcrafton
My Device: Curve 2

I had the same problem.  I backed up my phone on BlackBerry Desktop Manager and re-installed the old OS.  That solved the problem for me.

bb_nh

I have Curve 8530 and just loaded  v5.0.0.913 - same thing:. 

Work-around: I found that it works fine when plugged into a computer USB port, but not the chargers or wall plug.  This is a pain!  I'm thinking of rolling-back to my previous version.  Anybody know when to expect a fix?

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

There is no known date for a resolution as it may require a full OS update, but I posted a fix earlier if you would like to try it.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Visitor
farbio
My Device: bb 8530 curve, qualcomm, cdma

yes, it worked out with the downgrade, but (i dont know if anybody else had this issue) that upgrade is affecting the wi fi, when i try to watch movie trailers (flixster), you tube videos, even apps like ebay are affected,they just dont load and i have legend that says" there was an error playing the video, please ensure you have a data and network access", i turn off the wi-fi and works better but sitll gets stock sometimes, the downgrade is taking everything to previous state but i have that upgrade ready to be performed in my screen all time, this should be fix soon that way we all can have our phones updated as should be.        

farbio
New Contributor
rbrown686
My Device: Storm 2 9550

I have been unable to find this file on by BBSAK file list.  Thanks for providing it.  The fix works. I got an unexpected exception error after the first reboot but went away after the second reboot, which I have to force with Quick Pull.  I am finally back to a useful Bedside Clock.  What was RIM thinking of when they took this away?  Thanks again.

Contributor
gb0138
My Device: 8530

After downloading a Sprint OS update for my phone in hopes it would fix the alarm clock, it turns out it didn't fix the problem.  Verizon said they were doubtful another OS update was going to come out...sooooooooooo.....I decided I would try this fix.  However, I can't seem to get to this website http://www.bbsak.org/ to download the program and get the ball rolling.  Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks,

New Contributor
larrydp
My Device: 8530

here it is June 2011 and the problem is still there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!