Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

ucsdgirl04
My Device: Not Specified

Another v.4.5 question!

hello! new here with a question!

i have t-mobile and am currently running 4.2.2.180 OS. On another forum, I was told I could upgrade to the 4.5 OS. I did call my provider and they don't offer it as of yet... basically they said I could upgrade to 4.5 here on blackberry but if anything were to go out of whack, they wouldn't be able to offer me tech support.

so my question is this: should i not upgrade at this point? i'm still new to the world of blackberry- I've only had mine a few months so if anything WERE to go wrong, I would be completely clueless how to help myself. I heard the 4.5 is outstanding and a part of me really, really wants to upgrade but i also don't need the hassle of a whacked out handset. lol!

so, all you experts out there- talk to me! give the the 411 and advice. thanks sooo much! i appreciate your time!

New Contributor
lordsnotball
My Device: Blackberry 8310

Re: Another v.4.5 question!

http://www.blackberrycool.com/2008/08/how-to-upgrade-your-blackberry-software/4/

i'm on t-com hrvatska, basically it redirects you to the main t-com website...  you have to dig around for your exact model a while, but u finally end up with the 4.5.0.69 version (you select the 8300 model, then have to go back and forth to reach the 8310 for example)

worked a treat, no probs at all...

if u can't find the exact location, send me a PM adding ur blackberry model, and i'll locate it for ya

-Dino

"Ability will never catch up with the demand for it."
~Malcolm S. Forbes, Publisher
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

For a lot of people the upgrade has worked flawlessly. Others experience problems. It's really a personal choice and I am waiting.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
New Contributor
lordsnotball
My Device: Blackberry 8310

the solution was found through PMs:

it was there under north america, second column, T-mobile USA, link: http://www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade/

the 3rd BB pic it loads is the 8320, and u just click there for the download...  its a 75mb file, so make sure u have enough time on ur hands to download it, and not downloading anything else at the same time either...  

for the download manager, download on of the 2 links here:

http://www.blackberrycool.com/2008/08/how-to-upgrade-your-blackberry-software/3/

basically, you download the new download manager,and the OS 4.5

then install it,

plug in the BB and make a backup with the download manager (as a precaution)

unplug the BB and then install OS 4.5 on the computer.

then plug in the BB again, and it works on its own... 

expect the install to last from 20mins to an hr, depending on how much information u already have on the BB. 

In case u get an error 507 afterwards, just reinstall it.  sometimes it takes 2 tries (i've read)

mine for the 8310 worked immediately, without a glitch, and retained all the emails,sms msgs, etc on the BB, and it was as smooth as can be...

g'luck

-Dino

"Ability will never catch up with the demand for it."
~Malcolm S. Forbes, Publisher
ucsdgirl04
My Device: Not Specified

yeah i saw that north america tmobile has that link however the 4.5 version isn't there. the highest they have is 4.3 :smileysad:

wonder when tmobile will actually have the 4.5.