09-09-2013 09:29 AM
My 8520 is frozen and gives App Error 200 message. i have tried the solutions on the site, taking battery out and connecting to computer and using blackberry desktop software but it keeps saying that there is an upgrade available but something missing from my desktop software and have to install that first and when i say install it says there was a problem? what else can i do?
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-09-2013 12:33 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
Sadly, from your brief report, I cannot tell for sure exactly what you have tried...for example:
but something missing from my desktop software and have to install that first and when i say install it says there was a problem?
Unfortunately, I cannot tell any specifics from that...what, exactly, did it say was missing? What, exactly, were the words of the error message? Please remember that we cannot see you, we cannot see your computer, we cannot see your device...we have only your words here to guide us to understand your situation, and understanding is the natural prerequisite to proving useful assistance.
Nevertheless, I'll make a guess...
1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below. (You likely won't be able to do this...with that error, it is likely that your data is already gone from your device, meaning some prior backup is what you'll need to restore from after fixing this problem.)
2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
Now re-try whatever it was that you were trying before.
Good luck and let us know!
09-10-2013 03:31 AM
Thanks for your response, i will take you through what i have done and be more explicit with detail.
i printed the page on how to force the detection of the bb smartphone using application loader and removed the battery and connected to the computer and when i was prompted to retry, update or cancel i clicked update. an update was found and i clicked get update.then the following message appeared " an updated blackberry desktop software component must be installed before you can continue" so i clicked install and then this message came up"there was an error updaing your software" an error has occurred while downloading the bb desktop software please try again. i have tried uninstalling the desktop software and reinstalled but same error message pops up.
what do you suggest. i downloaded the smartphone os this morning but not sure what to do next?
09-10-2013 10:51 AM
Thank you for the details. Please then do exactly as I described above.
09-11-2013 12:16 PM