05-06-2013 08:28 PM
I have BB curve 8520, I had a white screen with an error message saying "App Error 523 reset", after rebooting a message saying "Uncaught Exception index 8=>8" was shown and then the white screen showed again, I tried the steps in the following link
but each time I stopped as a message was shown to connect the device although it was connected to the PC using USB, I tried to force the detection as mentioned in this link http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocume
but it does not work plzzzzzzzzzzzzz help,
Thanks in advance
05-07-2013 06:38 AM
Welcome to Support Forums
Please try those steps to recover your device from this JVM error :
( Credit JSanders )
1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed. BlackBerry desktop software
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):
"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm
3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.
NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device. BlackBerry Software Download Site
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.
KB24395 : "Error 523", "App Error 523", or "JVM 523" appears on the BlackBerry Smartphone
KB10144 : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader