Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9310
My Carrier: Boost Mobile

App Error 603 Reset

Everything I have read posted re: this error is useless to me I have a Boostmobile BB Curve 9310 and haven't added any apps for awhile and all of a sudden the phone rebooted and instead of going to the home screen it went to a white screen with the error message " App Error 603"Reset, the only option you have is to reset and it just does the exact same thing.  the posts as well as Blackberry's tech info on this state this is caused by a Java driven app that has created the problem and that the phone needs to have the OS reinstalled, sounds good but this error on my phone bars the usb cable from seeing the phone as it normally would, so since you can't see the phone you can't modidy, or delete anything much less re-install the OS, there is another post that suggests the use of the BBSAK program to reload the OS, same problem the program doesn't see the phone so NO CIGAR. Why is it that RIM doesn't have its techs working on this issue ??? Obviously its not an isolated problem.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: App Error 603 Reset

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I do not see that you have yet tried these tricks:

You might also need to, instead of the web update site, install the Desktop Software and your BB OS package to your PC:

1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Now try the various tricks listed above and see if you can get your OS reloaded to your BB.

If things remain problematic, you may also want to try this procedure to perhaps narrow down the precise causal item:

1. Load your OS "bare bones"...if anything is optional, do not install it.
  2. If the behavior presents immediately, then try a different OS with step 1
  3. If the behavior does not immediately present, then run for as long as it takes for you to be sure that the behavior will not present.
  4. Add one thing -- no matter how tempting, just one.
  5. If the behavior does not present immediately, then again run for long enough to be sure it will not have the same problem
  6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all things are loaded or the behavior presents

When the behavior presents, you know the culprit...the last thing you loaded.

If the behavior does not re-present, then you know that either step 1 or 2 cured it.

If the behavior presents no matter what, then you likely have a hardware level issue for which no amount of OS or software can cure.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks for the info but as I said in my post the pc cannot see the phone , I did as instructed in the first BB solution and it said their was a connection problem and then it gives you the option to troubleshoot wherein it states you have to have the battery charged and installed, well we always had the battery installed previously and still no perception of the phone and the second BB solution is also the same problem no connection to phone, I have always had the desktop software on my pc again can't see the phone .

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

descarga wrote:

I did as instructed in the first BB solution and it said their was a connection problem and then it gives you the option to troubleshoot wherein it states you have to have the battery charged and installed, well we always had the battery installed previously and still no perception of the phone

I don't think I understand you (lacking much punctuation makes comprehension difficult)...that KB specifically instructs to NOT have the battery in the BB when you perform that trick. And sometimes it's a matter of careful timing to insert the battery at just the right moment to get things to be picked up. I've known (while rare) times when perhaps 25 tries or more were required to get it just right.

descarga wrote:

and the second BB solution is also the same problem no connection to phone

Hence the first trick...and the timing.

descarga wrote:

I have always had the desktop software on my pc again can't see the phone .

I do believe I recommended installing to the PC more than just the Desktop Software...also your BB OS package, being installed to the PC, can help matters.

Of course, do understand that, if the problem is hardware, then there's no amount of internet-distance nor self diagnostics that can help. We can try different things and, if none of them work, then they would indicate a hardware level issue, for which no amount of software/OS level fixes can be of use. But, at an internet distance, it's really quite impossible to truly diagnose anything firmly...all we can do is deduce to what is most likely. If it's hardware, only a qualified technician with the device in their hands can provide a proper diagnosis and estimate.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

As I stated previously thanks for your input but I did remove the battery as indicated didn;t work perhaps you got confused when I reiterated tht previous to your suggestions I did all the procedures with the battery installed but not when the 2 bulletins recommended removing the battery. I think it is a hardware issue as you stated in your cosing, Peace

New Contributor
My Device: motorlia curve 8530 M
My Carrier: boost mobile

[ Edited ]

Yes I'm incourtering the same bill sworldphone. Two settings in my log screen. Showing plarfrom vetrsion as well as software verSion can someone tel me a ay to restor the java. BB PIN {REMOVED}

Mod Edit: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.