Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Chadnv
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

App Stuck in "starting download"

[ Edited ]

Started to download Memory Eye...failed with a TCP fail to connect, now it just sits in My World with a "starting to download" and a stopped progress bar. Click on it nothing happens, go to app's try to download...no option to DL again.

I uninstalled app world. nope still there. rebooted. nada, still there. Downloaded something else for giggles...it downloads below the affected and works ok, but Mem Eye is still there doing nothing but stare at me. 

Is there any way other than a wipe to get rid of this? 

Second Q, what happens to bought apps if you do a full wipe? 

unit is a 8350i 

Message Edited by Chadnv on 08-12-2009 08:04 PM
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: App Stuck in "starting download"

HI there!

There have been some issues with the AppWorld services lately...most are reported to be cleared up. Please try again. Also, please try removing and re-installing AppWorld...some have reported that to be helpful. In addition...RIM has released AppWorld version 1.1.0.15...it is highly recommended to be on that version.

Also please try a hard reset: With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

In addition, you can try this sequence:

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB (Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Applications) -- if it requests that you reboot the BB, do so.

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot as described above.

3) Get a new link and install a fresh copy of AppWorld
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/appworld/download.jsp#tab_tab_download

Again, if it requests to reboot, do so.

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if it now works.

Concerning WIPE, see this KB for what it does:

KB16307 Actions that the BlackBerry device performs during BlackBerry device wipe processes

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Chadnv

nope didn't work, there has to be some code tag somewhere in the RAM cause after all that, the app world icon was exactly where I had it prior to the delete process.

I guess a wipe is in my future.

thanks for the help to date.

if Ne1 else can think of an alternative to wiping (I am on a mac and we, until sometime in Sept, don't have a desktop backup system) pocket mac is only for sync'n

New Contributor
Chadnv

Full wipe does the trick.

ams080

[ Edited ]
How do you do a full wipe?  I have Desktop Manager on my computer if that helps.
Message Edited by ams080 on 09-01-2009 01:54 PM
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

[ Edited ]

ams080 wrote:
How do you do a full wipe?  I have Desktop Manager on my computer if that helps.
Message Edited by ams080 on 09-01-2009 01:54 PM

For WIPE, see this KB:

• KB19259 How to wipe all data from the BlackBerry smartphone

It is 100% destructive of your user data...do a backup first.

Message Edited by sdgardne on 09-01-2009 10:55 AM

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code