Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodaphone

App World Missing Icon Curve 9300 OS 6

I recently noticed that my Blackberry App World icon was missing from my home screen.  I drilled into each of the sub folders, selecting 'show all' for each, and still could not find the icon.  I attempted to re-download the app from the blackberry website using my browser, but was informed that I already had the application on my device.  I then attempted to replace the existing version, and still no icon.

I then decided to navigate to the application center and remove the app world application.  I then navigated back to my browser (cleared the cache) and attempted to download the app.  I received a 'download failed' notification, with the details of 'Invalid COD error 907' message (or something to that affect).

Based on a google search attempt, I have also attempted to register my device via advanced system settings -> host routing table.

And yes, I rebooted the device with a battery pull multiple times.

Now I'm stuck.  Thanks for any replies or guidance.

-Jake S.

Specs:

Device: Curve 9300

Carrier: Vodaphone UK

App world: v2.1.1.19 (i think)

Retired
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Re: App World Missing Icon Curve 9300 OS 6

If you go to: Options - Applications or Application Management do you see App World listed? If you do see it listed, delete it from your device and reboot your BlackBerry. If it is not listed or when your device is done rebooting go to: www.blackberry.com/appworld to download and install App World again and then test.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodaphone

RH - Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately I have already attempted your provided suggestion.

I navigated as follows:  Options --> Device --> Applications Management; and removed the App World applicaiton.  I rebooted the device, and used my phone browswer to navigate to the appworld download page at blackberry.com.

When I attempted to download, I received a 'Download failed.' notification.  When I select to see the detail of the error, I receive this message:  '907 Invalid COD A network error occurred'.

Any other suggestions?

Retired

Backup your device data, then try to go through the following clean application load process: http://bbry.lv/cKy9A0 Once the application load is complete go to: www.blackberry.com/appworld to try and download. 

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300, v5.0.0.832, OS 6.3.0.31
My Carrier: TELUS

please just don't install this update.....I guess I'm gonna have to spent 2 entire days just to figure how to put back every app I PAID.........Everything is displace or disapeared......Thanks Blackberry for making my life so more simple. yeah right!  

Retired

When you installed this update, were you prompted to log back in with your BlackBerry ID?

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 3G 9300
My Carrier: 1und1

same problems here,

upgraded to OS6 via FireFox. Now i do not have neither Social Feeds nor Appworld.

Please work out that issue. Thanks

New Contributor
My Carrier: Globe

I updated to OS6 via the Blackberry Desktop Software and everything seems to be working fine 'til I noticed the App World icon missing. I google-d and found this post and checked my Application Management folder and saw that yes, it is still installed.

It says:

Details

Last used: Never

Installed: Dec 7, 2011 9:58 PM (the day I updated my OS)

Resources

Type: CPU

Now: Not running

What can I do?

My Carrier: 7092400531

I simply downloaded Blackberry App World again from www.blackberry.com\appworld and installed over existing copy.  It does prompt to replace version with same version.  Choose "Replace", let the install complete and reboot.

Works perfectly

Shawn

My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: t mobile

i didnt pay to update this my desktop software forced me to do this update and now like so many other people my appworld has got awol