Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: Koodo

App World not working...

Hi everyone Smiley Happy 

Alright, I have had my Blackberry Curve 9300 3G for about 6 months now, and never had problem. Recently, I have been noticing my App World is freezing when I try to download or update my applications. See, I am trying to download Twitter to my phone, and every time I click "download" it says "please wait". It stays like this forever, and I can't press the back button or blackberry menu button. Occasionally, it tells me I need a Blackberry Identity update, which I can't seem to get access to either. After this happens, I can't do anything on the App store, yet I can still run the phone, its just the App store that is frozen. I restart my phone after this, and it resets everything, just to have it happen again. I know I have the Identity update, and all my software is up to date as well... Can anyone tell me what the problem is? Maybe your phone does this too? If you have any help or information, please let me know, it would mean the world. Thanks so much Smiley Happy

Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: App World not working...

My phone doesn't do that. You have to update BB identity plugin and appworld will work normal. if it doesn't update try installing it through Desktop manager or use a different career wifi or GPRS.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: Koodo

Awesome, i will try this. thanks
Highlighted
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: O2

HI I have the same problem I have updated my Apps software and the Apps have frozen on 'Installing Blackberry Identity'.  I didn't understand your solution could you explain to me a bit simpler, sorry I am not in any way technical?  Many thanks best regards MaggieM

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: MTN

Hi

my friend has the same problem and this seem to everyones problem,please help us also,so we could activated BB protect activated.Coz it seem as if without the correct BB ID ones BB protect aint gonna work.

many thanks