Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

wkeeling
My Device: Curve 3G
Accepted Solution

App error 523

My phone has a app error message "App error 523". I hit the reset button and it reboots, goes thru security settings, then it turns off and goes back to the error message. Any suggestions?

Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset

Re: App error 523

Hiya!

Try this

On your computer, Click Start>Run and copy/paste the following exactly (with the quotation marks)

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

The Application Loader will pop up so click Next.

Your Pin should display as Unknown, thats normal.

You should see all the apps thats are going to get installed,  So click "Next" and "Finish"

Whatever you do, dont unplug it!!! It pay take a while, but let it do its thing

Oh and if you dont have a list of apps, chances are there is no device OS on the computer.

But lemme know!

Cheers!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

wkeeling

Thanks for the help. I tried, but it tells me the locaction is unavailable?

Forums Veteran I
Raelic

[ Edited ]

ok, so you dont have the required software on your computer. you can download it here.
http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

just pick your carrier, your device and the most recent software and download/install it to your computer.

Also, make sure you have the Blackberry desktop software installed on the computer as well.

Then try again.

cheers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!

wkeeling

i got it! its working...YaY! Thank you for the help, much appreciated!

Vimalshanmugam
My Device: 8520 Curve

hi,

i have encountered the same problem and i have followed the steps as given by you.

but there was no list of applications suggested to this.

can you help me to fix this.

Tnxs.

Forums Veteran I
Raelic

Please re-read my first post, it mentions why you may not have a list of apps... Then read my second post to find where to rectify

New Contributor
sarahmortaza
My Device: 8520

hi there, i downloaded the bb software, copied and pasted as per your instructions. It says windows cant find c program? Please advise.

Forums Veteran I
Raelic

Which software did you download? The Desktop Manager or the device OS?

New Contributor
sarahmortaza
My Device: 8520

getting to appl loader only gives me my doc files to download from. where do i go to install bb? I have also tried wiping with Jl cmder and followed the instructions if it doesnt work. No luck! Please help!!!