Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
vikkietwr
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: o2
Accepted Solution

App world not working

Hi,

My App world seems to have stopped working, I keep getting a message saying, 'Blackberry app world is having trouble connecting to the blackberry app world server verifiy your network connections and try again'

I have checked my settings and am connected to wifi and also my phone server, I have just gone online with my phone and checked my bill, I have plenty of internet allowance left.  Last time I used it was about a week ago and it was working fine, downloading and everything.  I've tried powering down, removed the battery, disconnected and re-connected from the internet.

Please help?

Thanks

Vikkie

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: App world not working

Hello vikkietwr

To Resolve your problem follow this Article of Knowledge Base and see if problem resolves.:

KB20031 : " BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to BlackBerry App World Server.Verify your network connections and try again " appears when BlackBeery App World is started.

So try it and let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vikkietwr
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: o2

Thanks...

While I was waiting for a reply I checked to see if I had the latest version... turns out I didn't... and that was the first piece of advice on the link you sent me!!!

All working now, thanks again

xx

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello vikkietwr

We are glad that its working now... :smileyhappy: and hope problem never appear again.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
blalbmw
My Device: blackberry curve 9380
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have the same problem. I have updated my app world to the latest version now which is 4.0.0.65 and it worked with me, but ONLY foe five minutes and after that the same message appeared "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to BlackBerry App World Server.Verify your network connections and try again " ???

Any clue ???:No:

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

[ Edited ]

blalbmw wrote:

I have the same problem. I have updated my app world to the latest version now which is 4.0.0.65 and it worked with me, but ONLY foe five minutes and after that the same message appeared "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to BlackBerry App World Server.Verify your network connections and try again " ???

Hi blalbmw

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Are you access BlackBerry World from your Mobile network or over wifi ? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
blalbmw

From wifi.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

blalbmw wrote:
From wifi.

Hi blalbmw

Have you created your BlackBerry ID and on your device are you login to your BlackBerry ID ? On your Homscreen Go to Options > Device > BlackBerry ID = are you login to your BlackBerry ID ,

If you are already login to you BlackBerry ID then within that Screen press the Menu key > Click on Check for Updates .

Please use plain text.
Contributor
blalbmw

I'm logged in to Bkackberry ID already. I did update to Blackberry ID and its up to date.
Thanks a lot for you cooperation with me.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

blalbmw wrote:
I'm logged in to Bkackberry ID already. I did update to Blackberry ID and its up to date.
Thanks a lot for you cooperation with me.

Hi blalbmw

Currently are you able to browse Internet from your BlackBerry browse over wifi ?

In addition Within that knowledge base try step #3 when it is done , check again Or try the Workaround suggested within that knowledge base.

But first make sure that you are able to browse internet from your BlackBerry browser over wifi. 

Please use plain text.