Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
beanhole
My Device: Curve 9320

Application Downgrade

When I start my Blackberry desktop software and go into applications,  I am told that I need to Downgrade my 7.0.1 core application. I have no choice in this as when I add or remove an APP it does this for me.

However when I go into appworld it tells me that I need to upgrade to my new Blackberry ID, this is what I have just been told to remove in the desktop software.

Every time this happens,

Any help please

Beanhole

New Contributor
userone912
My Device: Curve 9360 - Apollo

Re: Application Downgrade

I don't know if this will solved your problem, but you can try to uninstall Blackberry OS installed on your computer. It's seems like Desktop Manager comparing application installed on your BB with Blackberry OS installed on your computer, which have older version.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi beanhole

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

beanhole wrote:

When I start my Blackberry desktop software and go into applications,  I am told that I need to Downgrade my 7.0.1 core application. I have no choice in this as when I add or remove an APP it does this for me.

On your device if you are already having OS 7.1 then just ignore this downgrade option that BB Desktop Software prompts, Or as suggested Uninstall any OS Pack from your PC if you want to get rid of this prompt. To know our current device OS : For OS 6 – 7 = Options > Device > About Device Version > first set of numbers on the third line

beanhole wrote:

However when I go into appworld it tells me that I need to upgrade to my new Blackberry ID, this is what I have just been told to remove in the desktop software.

Every time this happens,

If you have Installed the recent version of BlackBerry World then it need the latest version of Blackberry ID software , so you must have to Update your BlackBerry ID software . You can open BlackBerry World it will also prompt to install the latest BBID software , Or Simply From your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > BlackBerry ID = If prompts Login , within that screen Press the menu key > Click on Check for Update, It will update your BlackBerry ID software .

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
beanhole

Thanks for your help guys, I am using Blackberry Desktop software Ver 7.0.1.37 and according to my ID and App world I have the latest Versions. But every time I connect to my Blackberry Desktop and click on Applications it tells me that a downgrade is required I have no say in the matter as I do not have the option of ignoring it.   I cant believe that It makes me remove this app and then reinstall it each time?

New Contributor
userone912

Uninstall any Blackberry OS installed on your computer not the Desktop Manager.
New Contributor
beanhole

Sorry I do not know what you mean, I am unaware that  I have any Blackberry OS on my computer other than the Desktop Manager.

Can you point me in the right direction.

Cheers.

Elite II
prince2012

Hi beanhole

As I asked what is your  DeviceOS version , to know that On your Homescreen Go to Options > About Device Version > first set of numbers on the third line . Please check that .

Now On your device  if you open BlackBerry World are you still getting the prompt to Update your BlackBerry ID software ? 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
beanhole

7.1 Bundle 2039 (v7.1.0.714, platform 9.49.0.76)

Cheers

Elite II
prince2012

Hi beanhole

If your device is already update to OS7.1 then just ignore that downgrade Notification or if you are unable to get rid of that notification then On your PC go to Control Panel  > Add to Remove or Uninstall a program then from within that list Uninstall BlackBerry Device Software 7.1.

Can you try that !

New Contributor
userone912

[ Edited ]

If you use Windows XP, go to Control Panel --> Add/Remove Program

If you use Windows 7, go to Control Panel --> Program and Features

then remove this kind of software(s) :

Those two are Blackberry OS installed on my PC

You don't have to remove Blackberry Desktop Software :Yes: