Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
notam
My Device: playbook
Accepted Solution

Apps to SD card via PC?

I have a Curve 9360 and it contains many apps that I do not think I will ever want or need; however, I am reluctant to delete them because if I should have a change of heart in the future there might be hassles to reinstall.  The ideal solution would be to park them on the SD card.  I know apps cannot be saved to the SD card directly, but has anyone tried copying the app to their computer, deleting from the BB phone, and then copying from the computer to the SD card.  I would be grateful to know if this strategy will work, and if there are problems if the app is recopied back to the phone.  Thanks,

Ted

JSanders
Solutions: 5,979
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Apps to SD card via PC?

You can put the cod file on the SD card along with a JAD loader file.

The easiest thing is to use an app like Aerize Card Loader

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
notam

My purpose is to remove the app from the system memory.  The system memory is quite small and should not be cluttered with dead wood, so to speak.  Sorry I did not make this clear in my original post. Aerize Card Loader only puts the install/uninstall code on the SD card, not the app itself.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,979
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I don't know why you don't just uninstall and resintall from AppWorld > MyWorld.

But the manual method works anyway, if that's what you want to do.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
notam

You are quite right.  I suppose it is being needlessly paranoid to think that, for whatever reason, I might not be able to reinstall from AppWorld.  Also, it occurs to me that if I copy an app file to my computer, and would need to copy to the SD card as a second step, why not just leave it in a computer file and copy back to the phone as necessary.  Thanks for your comments.

Ted