Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Orange

Are the Blackberry ID and the BIS login the same?

I am having issues trying to log into a clients BIS account for them through the web.  Everytime i contact Orange to get the login info they tell me its the same as the BBID but then i try to login and it fails.  I can use the info to log into the BBID account so i know its the correct username and password.  

I always thought these two logins were different.  Does anyone know?

I am beyond frustrated!

Or maybe you know how to setup an exchange email address through the BIS without logging into the website?

Any info would help,

Thanks,

Jen

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Are the Blackberry ID and the BIS login the same?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

In most cases, the BBID credentials and the BIS account credentials are indeed the same...these were merged a while back. However, there is no way to state that with 100% surety, since no one here has access to anything "behind the scenes" to check it out correctly. Rather, Orange has such access, and should be able to check it out...it is rather strange that they have been unhelpful to you. Have you tried again? Sometimes, merely calling back gets you to a different, more helpful, agent.

timkoj wrote:

Or maybe you know how to setup an exchange email address through the BIS without logging into the website?

I've always found the BIS website interface to be the best...but then again, I am confused by your words "exchange email address". If you mean BES, then you should not be using BIS at all anyway. If you mean OWA, then that can be tricky indeed, with these references sometimes being helpful:

• KB18567 BlackBerry Internet Service cannot connect to a Microsoft Outlook Web Access account using Microsoft Exchange 2007 or Microsoft Exchange 2010
  • KB03133 How to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access email address on BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB04804 Error message appears when attempting to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access 2010 account
  • KB02858 Unable to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access email address with a BlackBerry Internet Service account

Further, sometimes on the device, the native email configuration wizard is problematic...in which you can (if your carrier allows) attempt, from the BB Browser, this URL:

Sometimes that can work when other means cannot.

Failing all of that, it's back to Orange...if they cannot figure it out, then they can escalate it to BlackBerry for enhanced support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code