Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
chilalamuhyila
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Associating BB9380 with new BlackberryID

I recently upgraded to a BB-Z10 from a BB9380 and successfully associated my new Z10 with my BlackberryID and am happily using my Z10. I have since given the BB9380 to my son but am having trouble associating the BB9380 to his Blackberry ID. Does anyone have an idea how I can overcome this so my son can use the BB9380

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Associating BB9380 with new BlackberryID

Hello chilalamuhyila

Are you getting any error while associating the new BlackBerry ID in your old 9380 !

Also have you performed a Security wipe on your 9380 before trying to add a new BlackBerry ID ? If not then first do a backup of your Curve 9380 using Desktop Software ,Once it is done perform a Security wipe .for help refer to this KB :

KB14058 : How to delete all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone using the Security Wipe option.

Once it done use the new BlackBerry ID on that device and after that you can restore your data from your  backups . 

( However you can remove the media card from your device before performing a security wipe )

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.