Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
charcr
My Device: Not Specified

Audio Book bookmarks

I am considering purchasing this phone and have not been able to get an answer to this.  I now use a Zen MP3 player to listen to audio books. I am able to set bookmarks along the way as I read so I will always be able to get back to the place I left off in the book after turning off the device.  Can you do this on the Blackberry and will it remember where on the book you were at when you restart it?  This will be the determining factor for me as to whether to purchase a Blackberry since I'm trying to combine a phone and MP3 into one.  I don't use the MP3 for music, only audio books and bookmarking my place is critical.  Thank you.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
serpent2005

Re: Audio Book bookmarks

Unfortunately, the media player that ships with the Blackberry 8320 doesn't support bookmarking audio files.  I wish Blackberry would modify the player to support this feature in a future software upgrade.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

in addition to serpent2005's answer, on Blackberry devices, some media players are available. You can download them.
Maybe one of them does what you want (stop then resume)

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
serpent2005

do you know of any in particular?  i searched on google and can't find any.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

check JerryD's post. he's like a librarian in Buffy the vampire slayer.
http://forums.pinstack.com/blogs/jdellasala/322-jerryds_mini_version_tracker.html

I can see three players there.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
JanaMeg
My Device: Blackberry Tour
My Carrier: US Cellular

Before leaving your eBook page, click on the Blackberry symbol

Click on "Annotations"

Click on "Add Bookmark"

When back in the eBook, click on the Blackberry symbol again

Click on "Annotations"

Click on "View List"

Your bookmark should be there to reopen the file where you left off!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jakub470
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Fido

I found the solution that works great for me on the 9780.

I had the requirement that when playing long MP3s (audiobook/podcast) I don't loose my place within the MP3.  I am able to update the list of MP3s without loosing my place in the currently playing one.  I don't loose my place when connecting the BB to a PC with the USB cable and using USB synch to copy files to the SDCard.

All of these are accomplished by playing MP3s via File Manager/Play Folder feature.

If you use play lists or other methods directly through the BB media player, you will loose your place as soon as you switch off the BB, escape the player, or connect the USB cable.

If instead you use the file browser to go to the folder with the MP3s you wish to play (I have all my podcasts in one folder that I update manually) and select "Play Folder" from the context menu, the media player will open.

If you escape the media player that is opened as per above, the last point in the played MP3 is remembered.  This even survives any synchronization I do to the folder via USB or a soft power reset (ALT CAPS DEL).  It remembers the spot in multiple MP3s to boot. 

This is a great handy feature.  I'm glad it works with the 9780/OS6.

Please use plain text.